OkekeNkiruka's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: MY FARM MY WEALTH ( season 2)

Well I can't promise it will happen fast but I would love to share some farming experience with you, @OkekeNkiruka haha.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Waoooo will be very nice to hear from you experience @IrrPavlova

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is such a beautiful story. It brings many good memories, it's so good to know you can do this @OkekeNkiruka

Level 10

Wow @OkekeNkiruka Is admire this. It is very laudable. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Level 8

Thanks @Anonymous and @HelloSamsonR for commenting really appreciate

Connect Moderator

@OkekeNkiruka you have shared an interesting part of our culture. Yam 

Connect Moderator

@OkekeNkiruka you have shared an interesting part of our culture. Yam is an important staple and refered to as king of the crops.It can be difficult to harvest yam,.I agree, because one needs to be careful not to scratch the yam to avoid rot.  This the reason we celebrate after yam harvests  every year during the New Yam Festivals

There is a spear-like farm tool called "Mbazu" which helps to fasten the digging and harvest. Did you use those? 

Your post reminds me of some childhood memories when we go to the farms to help with weeding and making ridges. It used to be fun with my cousins. It's been a long time though and I now wish to do it again

You are quite a hardworking and humble person to assist your mom in the farm. Young people are really reluctant these days.

Eating yam is another sweet experience. Yam can be cooked in different ways. I love the porridge!

With what I see in the photos, the land is quite fertile and good for growing yam.You have to plant more next season. Invite me next time.

Cheers.

Level 8

Thanks @EmekaUlor for sharing part of the experience you had, I used MBAZU, because that's the mostly tool use for digging the yam out, so interesting you also knows about the yam.

I appreciate