Ddimitra's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Low cost Train Jakarta to Bandung - Mom as A Local Guide Series

20181221_135548.jpg 

When Bandung Local Guides announce their photowalk schedule, I interested to join them. Because I want to meet my fellows and explore Bandung Museums. This is the Recap of that meeting. Hosted by @Fachry_My_ID

I met my Local Guide Friends, @PaDeSSo @Septarina_Hadori  and others.

Bandung is about 155 KM away from Jakarta, has a lot of Tourist Attraction. Most of Jakarta citizens, always spend their weekends on Bandung. Travel from Jakarta to Bandung, using this route, is kind of fun. I can explored the Purwakarta City, while I transit.

I started the journey from Tanjung Priok Station. It is in North of Jakarta, very far from my house. The station is very old, but well maintained.

The route is Jakarta to Purwakarta using Walahar Ekspres. And Purwakarta to Bandung using Cibatuan.

Walahar Ekspres is departed at 11 AM, It took 2.5 hours to reach Purwakarta
https://goo.gl/maps/eWMRpZEJeEk
Purwakarta StationPurwakarta Station
Cute LampsCute Lamps
The train to Bandung was scheduled at 3.45 PM, and the locket sell the ticket at 3 PM. I just look and walk around the station. I captured lots of nice photos here.

There were 2 Tourist attractions that I visited
1. Bale Panyawangan https://goo.gl/maps/sz4WdXD3Mdy
2. Taman Sri Baduga https://goo.gl/maps/1bLfaNHgUWJ2

I didn't spend so much time there, just took photos and videos for Google Maps. I didn't have time to explore museum, and the city park had not opened yet.

On my way back to station. I captured this nice photo. It's not tourist destination, but I like it!
20181221_145341-01.jpeg

Tips for travelers who want to try this cheap route.

1.  The ticket booth on Purwakarta station opens at 3 PM in order to sell the ticket to Bandung. You should line up in station around that time.
  2.  The station is small, so be patient, cause line up until outside station.
  3. The train schedule is 15 45, commonly they delayed for 15 minutes. Rarely on holiday season, they delayed for about 45 minutes.
  4.  It is a small and crowded peron, so be very patient. You can wait outside peron, and enter the peron when the train arrives.
  5. The fares is cheap, so there are no seat number. There are so many locals riding this transportation, specially from Plered Station. You probably will not having seats at all.

My train to Bandung delayed, it departed at 4.30 PM. The train was quite good. Facilities are nice seats, toilets and there is charger station.
I chose Cimahi station as my End destination. My friend picked me up in here. It took 2 hours.
Total my journey was 7.5 hours, Jakarta to Bandung.

These were my cost for the train
1. Jakarta to Purwakarta Rp 6.000
2. Purwakarta to Bandung Rp 8.000

Total Rp 14.000

Wow it was a cheap solution.
Usually, I travel to Bandung, by car or train. It costs in the range of Rp 80.000 - Rp 120.000. And the trip about 3 or 4 hours.

But then, I heard from my friends about this cheap train to Bandung. I wanted to try them, since my son was having holidays with his dad, so I had the time for my self.

This VLOG that I made, you can see my trip using this route.

In my opinion about this trip. It was cheap one, but takes a lot of my time and energy.
I would like to visit Purwakarta again, but going to Bandung? I suppose I will choose Executive train. ?

See You in another story! 

Mom Signed Off

Jakarta, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta, Indonesia
43 comments
Level 10

Re: Low cost Train Jakarta to Bandung - Mom as A Local Guide Series

Hai @Ddimitra.

This is a unique experience.

You help people by getting many review, photo and videos.

And don't forget your first meet up with @PaDeSSo who have many advices to us about his Local Guides experience. 

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.
Level 8

Hello @Ddimitra

Thanks For Shearing 🙂 It's Unique Experience and Nice Concept Mom as a Local Guide Series!!  

Level 10

Hi @BudiFXW

Thank you!

Yupe. It was nice to meet @PaDeSSo

I personally gave the link from you to him. Don't forget to give me replacement. Hahahaha 

Level 10

Hi @rajuroyal

How nice of you comment in here... 

Thanks dear!

🙂

Level 6

nice article

Level 10

Yes. 

I promised.

The pin is already in my backpacked but the problem is after I teach  last night I change my backpacked but not put the pin in.  And I realize it when I met you in the meet up host by @MutiahA

I will keep it and handed to you in the meet up host by @Nadyna29.

Please forgive me.

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.
Level 8

Bls: Low cost Train Jakarta to Bandung - Mom as A Local Guide Series

Duh, suka banget sama cerita nya bu @Ddimitra, penuh keberanian & banyak pengalaman. Saya aja tidak berani naik kereta lokal sendirian😅

SenangSketemu sama bu Devi juga. Kapan-kapan saya ikutan meetup di Jakarta sama @FachryMyID😁

Level 10

Hi @prastiaji

Thank you 

I hope my tips about this cheap trip will useful for you 

Google Moderator

Hello @Ddimitra,

Thank you for sharing with us local tips, I think this information is very helpful and it's fun to travel by train once in a while rather than to be stuck in traffic. 

Looking forward to read more about you exciting adventure. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!