DibyayanC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Lost Local Guide Points

In reply of @TraciC 's solution form: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Level-5/Lost-Local-Guide-points/m-p/214193#U214193

"As a reminder, Local Guides receive one point per contribution per place (so if you upload 10 photos to 1 place, you still receive 1 point) and all contributions must adhere to Google Maps' policies. Sometimes, Local Guides may see that their points have been removed because the content they have contributed violates our policies. Sometimes, points also do fluctuate, though generally return to normal within a week. If you're sure that your contributions haven't violated any policies and your points haven't returned to normal over the course of a few days, please share the following information in the public "Feedback & Feature Requests" board:

1) Where are you seeing a loss of points; desktop and/or in the Google Maps app? (Please check both maps.google.com and the Google Maps app if you have access to both)

2) Do you know where you are losing points (reviews, photos, questions, edits, added places)? 

3) How many points have you lost?

4) When did you first notice a loss of points?"

1) Where are you seeing a loss of points; desktop and/or in the Google Maps app? (Please check both maps.google.com and the Google Maps app if you have access to both)

- Both desktop and Google Maps android app.

2) Do you know where you are losing points (reviews, photos, questions, edits, added places)? 

- Reviews.

3) How many points have you lost?

- As of today, 41. Here are some screenshot that might help you to investigate.

Capture.JPG

This is showing I have submitted 221 reviews, but actually I have submitted 262 reviews as of now.

1.JPG

4) When did you first notice a loss of points?

- This is happening for last 3 days.

Please Note: I am pretty sure that I am not violating any of the Google policies. All the reviews are written by me and all those 900+ images that I have submitted are taken by me. Not any third party involvement are there. I would be grateful if the Google technical team look into this issue and this thing gets fixed soon.

Kolkata, West Bengal, India
16 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: Lost Local Guide Points

Hi @DibyayanC. A member of the team will be in touch with you privately via email. Thank you. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Level 10

Local Guide Points Decreased Automatically

Yesterday (April 22) I reached to Google LG Level 5 with 500+ points.

17991609_1292653350783396_3967171544993384968_o (1).jpg

Today, I found that my points automatically decreased and I am a Level 4 LG.

Screenshot_2017-04-23-12-47-11.png

Is there any technical error?

Level 10

Re: Local Guide Points Decreased Automatically

Is there anyone from the technical team who can solve this issue?

Level 9
Level 9

Hi @DibyayanC

Sometimes Local Guides may see that their points have been removed because the content they have contributed violates Google policies.

Community Policy says: Always include notable information about a place and your experience. Avoid vague, generic, and repetitive comments like reviews that just say “ok,” “good,” or “yum.” Describe the setting, the design, the vibe, the highs and/or lows, and relevant specifics.

Frequently repeating reviews such as 'Beautiful place' , 'Awesome place' can therefore be problematic.

Also if we find photos in our contributions tab that say 'Unknown place' that indicates they are no longer associated with a place on the map and thus we will have lost any points gained. The reasons for the break of association are often that the place was removed from the map because it should never have been there.

Level 8

@DibyayanC it happens sometimes.

for example when a place is closed. or with an inappropriate review (see the comment from @Pea)

Googler

I'm going to go ahead and block this post for new replies as @DibyayanC created a new thread in the public forum. Thanks!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 9
Level 9

@DibyayanC wrote:

Please Note: I am pretty sure that I am not violating any of the Google policies.

Hi @DibyayanC

Community Policy says: Always include notable information about a place and your experience. Avoid vague, generic, and repetitive comments like reviews that just say “ok,” “good,” or “yum.” Describe the setting, the design, the vibe, the highs and/or lows, and relevant specifics.

Frequently repeating reviews such as 'Beautiful place' , 'Awesome place' could be considered not to be high quality and therefore be problematic.

Googler

Hi @DibyayanC. Have you thoroughly reviewed Google Maps' policies and  Local Guides' community policies

Level 10

@TraciC

Yes, I did.

Level 9
Level 9

Community Policy says: Always include notable information about a place and your experience.

Hi @DibyayanC the review you refer to above for https://goo.gl/maps/8yvVALbnxkR2 does include notable information about Konark Sun Temple but what does it say about your experience? The words you used "The temple was built by king Narasimhadeva I and this is a UNESCO World Heritage Site" are purely factual, they don't tell us what you personally felt about your visit there. Facts are great too, but for facts alone a reader could just go to wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konark_Sun_Temple.

Btw I see your review total is now back up to 246. This may be due to the fact that yesterday you re-wrote numerous two word 'Beautiful place' , 'Awesome place' reviews