Brett's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Losing 360 photos on Google Map web

As a frequent traveler, I used to upload photos and 360 photos to Google Map for every hotels i stayed.

However, I found that Google Map frequently lost or removed the photos I uploaded, especially 360 photos.  Just wonder is it possible for me to get a notice when my photos being removed (by owner)?

Also, we can see the photos uploaded under our review (for web version).  However, it's not including 360 photos, how come?

Deep visit of Hong Kong series: Visit Hong Kong 101 | Cha Chaan Teng 茶餐廳 | Cart noodle 車仔麪

Fine me on Instagram: brett.to.go
2 comments
Level 3

Re: Losing 360 photos on Google Map web

I don't think there is any way to be notified when an image is taken down. I have also noticed this issue, I think Google needs to work on a solution for 360 images to be uploaded more smoothly. I have noticed that before these images are removed, they do not display the photosphere view, I think the Google Maps infrastructure struggles with the size of these images (since it's so many merged into one it's a much larger file, I would think). Sorry I don't have a better answer for you, I too hope Google resolves this issue.

Level 5

Re: Losing 360 photos on Google Map web

@NikolasH @Brett IT is impossible to make any Collection if Google is removing photos without any notice. Right?