YK1001's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Looking forward to 2019

End of 2018 is approaching soon.

Looking forward to 2019, what is in your mind?

Looking back, what kind of thoughts you are having through out 2018, or even further in the past?

For example, I have and data problem in Maps that I still cannot make to right after two years.  Hopefully, I will have enough persistence to keep working on it, and hopefully it will become corrected in the (not so distant) future.

27 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Looking forward to 2019

Hello @YK1001

Thank you for share,

I m looking forward for more voice features in Google maps for the people who have visual disabilities. And they have still some difficulties to use Google maps . 

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 8

That is a good Idea to improve Maps, @KashifMisidia!

If not yet, please do post your idea in Idea Exchange, then include a link to that post here.  So that we can go and discuss further about your idea.

Connect Moderator

Thank you sir @YK1001

I will surely do that.

Thanks again. 

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Former Google Contributor

Hi @YK1001,

Thank you for the nice topic you've started here.

Looking back to 2018 I am very thankful for the opportunity I had to join this amazing Google Moderators' team.

From 2019 I am looking forward for nice surprises.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Thank you for taking care for us day in and day out, @MashaPS!

I am sure all here would want as much nice surprises as possible.

Level 10

I was about to open a similar topic @YK1001 🙂

Looking at 2018, many things happened... some important things outside LG: my first climb alone with my daughter Virginia just to mention one... but many are LG related.. the trail mapping on Half Dome, the SVT Summit in San Francisco, LVL10 Local Guide achievement in august, 500 best answers in Local Guides Connect, received a special postcard from @StephenAbraham

Seems that LG program is really important in my life 🙂

In 2019 my goals are set: I would like to change my main job, I want to expand my SVT opportunities outside Italy, I would like to be invited to #localguidesconnect and be able to attend (sic!), I would love to be able to continue supporting my friends LG on Connect and on all other platforms!

Special postcard for me!Special postcard for me!

Level 10

In 2019 hopefully after March 2019, I plan to visit many friends and families from our Google communities all the around the world, after I get through some life-challenging things in the beginning of the year. I have so much I want to do which includes some or all the below...

1. Visit full India and visit all my Google community friends there...  from West Bengal to Andhra to Telegana to Delhi to Gujarat to Mumbai to Goa to Bangalore to Tamil Nadu and to Kerala and more... 

2. Visit HK and have Michelin star Dim Sum with @YK1001  and TonyChu

3. Visit Japan and travel all around many prefectures and stay in some ryokans during winter tine and maybe during Sakura time.. and visit @HiroyukiTakisawa @YasumiKikuchi and others

4. Travel round Europe and and visit @LucioV and @ErmesT and @AlejandraMaria and have lots of Tartufo and pizza 🙂

5. Backpack across China and eat my way through Sichuan fiery numbing chillies

6. Head to Korea and eat authentic Korean BBQ and Bibimbap and so much more

7. Visit Middle East and pay homage to @OSAMA and @راضي and others.. 

8. Visit all our wonderful Google managers in New York.. and hopefully back in San Francisco if I qualify next year.

and so much more...

But before that, maybe I might need to win the Super Lotto Plus.. 😛 

Level 10

There are many things to discuss about, for 2019 but about Google Maps, I hope that we see road editing tool again as soon as possible.

Also in 2018 I had many trouble with my account and no response from the team, So I hope by increasing the ability of system to handle large number of contributions, the problems about my account be resolved in 2019!

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 8

Yes, explore opportunity outside, you can have nice surprises, @LucioV .