JR_Curley's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Looking for Local Guides and tips for Rio de Janerio and Sao Paulo

Hi all!

I'll be traveling to both of these cities in the near future, and would love to get tips from Local Guides on the following;

• Hotel recommendations
  • Restaurant recommendations
  • Must see places
  • Local hidden gems

Last but not least, any tips on local customs that I should be aware of! I ask that the feedback comes from LG's who do/have lived in Brazil or have on-location experience. 🙂 

Thank you!

-JR

Brazil
14 comments
Level 9

Re: Looking for Local Guides and tips for Rio de Janerio and Sao Paulo

Hi @JR_Curley

Here I'm sharing two links with you.

https://plus.google.com/communities/118045331011889121072

&

https://plus.google.com/communities/113989349675291995937

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 9

@Haruki can help you @JR_Curley he is one of the best local Guides there :-)))

Level 8

Hi Bro @OSAMA 

Yes. We are waiting for @JR_Curley and you in Brazil.

Sao Paulo, contact me. 😊🇧🇷

Rio de Janeiro RJ @LuizDeFreitas

Best regards from Brazil!

Level 8

Thank you @Haruki I'll shoot you an email soon!

Former Google Contributor

Hey @JR_Curley

I also might be able to help with some tips for São Paulo, but @Haruki and @alexandradias definitely should know more than me 😉

For Rio de Janeiro maybe @ParaenseCarioca can help you out with some tips. 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@JR_Curley i am in sao paulo and for sure I can help you with some tips.

Sao Paulo it is a big city, you will found many restaurants, I suggest you stay in avenue paulista área because we have subway there and this will be easy to move another nice areas, avoid hotels in center of city.

See my lists, I walk so much in city and I create some lists with walking tour suggestions, there are some lists about restaurants, top view and I still need create more lists.

we also have nice cities close to São Paulo that are nice the visit, it depends on how long you will stay.

I suggest you visit a "feira livre" and eat pastel with caldo de cana, Very typical here.

If you like nature and like to walk, you need to go in parque da cantareira, but I think it's open just in weekends, 10 km trails and you see the city from the top.

Contact me to more tips in city, I have a lot

This picture is a hidden place in Sp, a stairs very nice painted by artist Kobra, and the others a japanJap temple around 30km from SP.P_20181103_121211-918x1632.jpg

P_20180907_111956_vHDR_Auto-1136x2016.jpg

P_20180907_131603_vHDR_Auto-2016x1136.jpg

P_20180907_133432_vHDR_Auto_HP-2016x1136.jpg

P_20180907_131603_vHDR_Auto-2016x1136.jpg

Level 10

@FelipePK eu dei duvas e ainda tenho muito mais, mas só agora vi que e um post Antigo, ele já deve ter vindo e ido embora.

Former Google Contributor

Oi @alexandradias

É sim um post um pouco antigo, mas talvez ele tenha gostado e volte novamente. 😃 Obrigado pelas dicas porque elas serviram até para mim hehe. 😉 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@FelipePK que bom que foram úteis para você também, eu tenho muitas fotos, muito material para posts legais sobre nosso pais, o problema é eu encontrar tempo para me dedicar a isso, eu tenho um emprego formal que me consome o dia inteiro,  mas apos o connect aprendi mais e tenho tentado participar não só do Google maps mas aqui também, a @lucianavelasques é minha incentivadora a escrever, obrigada Luciana