IvanMC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Locations Of Filmed Scenes?

Hi LG, during my weekend walks some visitors have asked me about locations of scenes filmed in my city ... Game of Thrones, Stars Wars among others. I wonder, would it be a good idea that Google map could have reviews or locations of tv series or movies filmed in our cities? Would it be incomplatible? Is there something like this on Google?

Opinions, suggestions, objections are welcome. Jijijiji

Thank you!!!

4 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Locations Of Filmed Scenes?

Hi @IvanMC,

Thanks for sharing. The general guideline for POIs on Maps is "Places that are real with fixed physical presence. Relevant, Public OR Genuine Service area businesses." So no fictional POIs are allowed in Maps. For reference please read also our policy on publishing acceptance criteria for Maps.

• Here is  a link to a post where @LucioV collected on MyMaps  some of the most famous movie sets in Rome and shared with us.  
* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 9

@IvanMC you can upload the photo to Google Map and you can not upload / share the films / videos. 

Level 10

@MariaBi wrote:

Thanks for sharing! Here is  a link to a similar post where @LucioV's did some great mapping for some of the most famous movie sets in Rome ;).  

Note @IvanMC however that Lucio used MyMaps for those movie scenes. Most of the movie scenes would probably not be proper to map on the base / public layer. Of course, some (like the Fontana di Trevi for instance) can of course be mappable on their own "rights", too.

Level 9

Same question

There is movie location near me,

But google maps add a location  does not have this category

So they are not interested in this kind of info.