bdmafuz's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Location sharing campaign with pilgrims in Bangladesh.

The Hajj is an Islamic pilgrimage to Makkah the holiest city and the largest gathering of Muslims people in the world every years. Last year about 2.3 million pilgrims from 188 countries performed the Hajj. In 2018, a total number of 1,26,000 pilgrims performed Hajj from Bangladesh.

Pilgrims people should go 1.Mina 2.Arafat 3.Uzdalifah 4.Medina. Maximum Bangladeshi pilgrims went there at the end of the age and they don’t know English or other language. They went there with a group. Every group have one Moulelem (leader/guide of the group). Sometime pilgrims old (men/women) lost their group and they are not able to reach the destination. As a new they face many problems.

So, this year from the first day I went to Hajj Camp ( where all pilgrims come for take boarding card, booked the baggage, take training and stay one day before departure flight) to talk to pilgrims, their relatives, Moulelem, Bangladesh Scouts and some other Gov. and Non-Gov. organization about Google Maps real-time location sharing.

I try to understand them how to Google Maps real-time location sharing work. If they lost the group then how they find each other by using Google Maps. I also told their relatives when their relatives in abroad (Makkah) then they can see from Bangladesh where they are.

I try to give below video to all how to use Google Maps real-time location sharing via Bluetooth or ShareIt.

I have a big plane next year.

More photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/VCsC1wBk8Um5PMke7

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

@TraciC @ErmesT @SoniaK @OSAMA @Sagir @Masbi @Badruddeen @DavidTito @PaDeSSo @Haseeb 

Hajj Camp, Airport - Dakshinkhan Road, Dhaka, Bangladesh
32 comments
Level 8

Re: Location sharing campaign with pilgrims from Bangladesh.

Level 10

Hi @bdmafuz

Shared good information.

Keep it up.

All the Best.

Vijay Desai.

Connect Moderator

Re: Location sharing campaign with pilgrims in Bangladesh.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bdmafuz Wao thanks for awareness of this amazing and useful informations with others, Location Sharing is really a great useful feature in our daily lives, especially in travelling

Level 8

Googler

Wow! This is fantastic. What a brilliant way to use Google Maps to connect family members and friends with those doing their Hajj! Thanks for sharing @bdmafuz, Happy Guiding!

Level 8

Thanks @LucyPalmer you like it. I have a big plan next year.

Level 8

Level 8