DanielTh's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Location address issue - Unable to add a place

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to add a place on Google Maps using an internet browser. I'm getting stuck at 'Add Address' option.

I'm marking the exact pin, but its not picking up the address automatically.

LG Post.jpg

Is anyone else facing this issue?

It will make it impossible to add new places using a browser

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Location address issue - Unable to add a place

Hi @DanielTh some users experienced this issue, and the address field becomed red, marking the address as wrong.

You can try two things:

1. search for a near place, copy the address and change the street number accordingly
  2. insert only the country name, after approval, change the address accordingly

Let me know if works.

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Hi @DanielTh some users experienced this issue, and the address field becomed red, marking the address as wrong.

You can try two things:

1. search for a near place, copy the address and change the street number accordingly
  2. insert only the country name, after approval, change the address accordingly

Let me know if works.

Level 9

This works.  I have been experiencing this in Portugal a lot lately, as there are many unnamed roads.  I find the nearest address, enter it, then move the pin.  It seems to allow the submission.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @DanielTh,

Thank you for sharing your issue with us.

Did you try the solution that @LucioV suggested? 

Please let us know if you continue expressing this issue, so we can assist you further. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Level 10

@MoniV the approach suggested by @LucioV is cumbersome when done in a mobile phone. 

Is there a better way to get the address auto-updated? 

Level 10

@ChristopherMuro do u this approach from a mobile phone or from laptop ?

Hi @DanielTh,

The way to add place on Google Maps is to add the address manually. 

I can suggest you to read the article Add a missing place to the map.

You can follow @LucioV suggestions as well.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Level 9

I try to do all my submissions from my laptop, and not the mobile device.  I use the mobile only for the video uploads at the moment since I don't know how to upload the videos from the laptop.

Hi @ChristopherMuro,

Much appreciated for you contributions!

Regarding the issue with uploading video via PC or laptop, for the moment the feature is yet to be available. You may view video contributions of other Local Guides. 

Please fell free to check out the instructions regarding the matter.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!