Malarik's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Locally Sourced pics as Local Guides, such as from Farmer's Markets.

Aloha,

I am always thrilled when I discover or see great locally made or grown products at my local Farmer's Market, stores, Vineyards,

and such.  These can range from Tomatoes to Sausages.  I am well known at at least one of my local year round Farmer's Market

for loving to take pics.  I will, and I hope you will, start to share your pics on an ongoing basis.  Locally grown or produced

items in California is a relatively great new fad.  While FM's have been around for decades, others are newer...like local

Kombucha, Beer, or Cheese.  I still remember all the wonderful local products when I travelled in Italy, Slovakia, & other

countries.  I would love pics like those of Durian, that is so hard to find in the US, for example.  

Anyway, I will try to start posting some of my fav pics as I see then over time & I hope you can join me.

Thanks!

Paul:)Arroyo Grande' Farmer Market Early Girl TomatosArroyo Grande' Farmer Market Early Girl Tomatos

Pismo Beach, CA, United States
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Locally Sourced pics as Local Guides, such as from Farmer's Markets.

Hey @Malarik,

Good idea! I personally love Farmer's markets and always try to buy goods when I'm near one. 

I'm looking forward to your photos!

Thanks,

Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Hi,

While we wait for the next season, there are still some interesting things to discover, display, or eat.  We are blessed with a

year round growing season in the Central & Southern parts of California.  Some great fall/ winter colors come out & some are

quite edible.  Many people do not know that many ornamental varieties of Pumpkins & Gourds are also edible.  This year I

bought at least a dozen really cool looking varieties, and each one had a different texture/flavor combo... Most are packed

with Vitamins.  I will try to find more of my pics, but I erased most, but will take more next year.  We have a local place

called Avila Barn, where they have an amazing variety & even they do not know which are not edible.  Americans are really

spoiled when we let good food basically rot on display for holiday.  I wonder if anybody else does this.

Anyway, he is a nice gourd pic.  This pics was taken at the local Farmer's Market in Arroyo Grande, CA.

As a note to SF Bay Area Googler's & LG's, you just have to head south for a few hours to enjoy the

wonderful Central Coast of California.  IMHO, the winter off season is the best.

Thanks,

Paul 🙂Arroyo Grande, CA -Farmer's Market every Saturday @ NoonArroyo Grande, CA -Farmer's Market every Saturday @ Noon

Connect Moderator

Great post @Malarik

Usually we (my family) buy our vegetables directly in a farm, as we live in an area of cultivation.  We call that "products at 0 km" because they are consumed near the production area.

What about "fresh from the wild" products? Are they collected and consumed?