kostor's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Localizing 'Local Guides Connect'

Hi there,

I'm missing the option to connect with local guides in my country, and unfortunately this forum doesn't help.

There is no location filter. I can't get to a SF gathering, living half a world away just like that.

Is there a way to localize the local guides connect forum?

If not, could there be?

Thanks. 

6 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Localizing 'Local Guides Connect'

Hi @kostor

Welcome to Connect.

Try searching the community for mentions of your city or country to find posts that have that name in the title, body of the post, or the location tag. Feel free to jump into these conversations, engage with the Local Guides near you, and plan to meet-up.

Since you're new to the community, you might want to share a bit about yourself and get to know others in our monthly Introduce Yourself topic. You can also read these Tips: Using Local Guides Connect.

If you ever have questions or just want to learn more about the Local Guides program, you can visit the Help Desk or search the community to find what others have already shared.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @kostor some volunteers Local Guides are collecting Local Guides into a directory of Facebook profiles grouped by country:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10CL6vNzPGDTeU0yfnPAc52QMm6zEXV8VYdK4bMCRG8s/edit?usp=sharing

Another LG created a Local Guides directory App: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/APP-Local-Guides-Directory/m-p/274766

I think that those two systems could help you.

Connect Moderator

@kostor take care if you follow the path of @LucioV you would be giving up the privacy and protection of operating here on Connect.

Level 6

Funny how you say that in a google associated forum. Seems a bit late now, isn't it?

Level 10

Hi @PaulPavlinovich the Google Doc is only a list of Facebook searches for Local Guides, nothing really privacy related 😉

As long as you are logged in with a Google account you are free to view that list, I'm not an editor of, anyway.

Connect Moderator

We live in a new world @LucioV you're governed by GDPR - we have similar privacy rules in Australia. Local Guides have their own Privacy Rules that operate alongside Google's own Privacy Charter. We all must be careful to stay within the rules. Operating outside of Connect is discouraged.