ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: #LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld is 2.0 now - The new project, waiting for 2020

Thanks for tagging me @ErmesT . I love your Clean the World 2.0 idea. It is taking it to the next level!

Count me in!

Cheers,

Karen

Former Google Contributor

This is great @ErmesT!

This is something I care deeply about. Littering has a huge impact on the world, and I'm so glad to see that you guys are taking the action that most people won't. 

I hate seeing trash lying around in our beautiful nature, and I do my best to clean what I can. 

I will follow this movement with pleasure, and I can't wait to see how it will evolve.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Thank you @MortenSI 

after one year of Local Guides Clean The World - A Local Guides project where we already cleaned a lot (check the map) I wanted to start with something easy to do for everyone.

My dream is to have the reporting system integrated on Google Maps. That's why, after the reply that Jen Fitzpatrik (Google Maps V.P.) gave to me at Connect Live "we don't actually have a project in Google Maps for environment" I decided to start "Waste reporting - on Google Maps".

I spent a couple of month, to try to elaborate it, in my mind first, then in an idea for an improvement of Google Maps.

This post is intended as a suggestion for a "training activity" for the Local Guides, to start to think about a way for collecting information, reporting, interract with public administration.

It will not be easy, but I believe that Local Guides have a huge potential for making this possible.

Todady is a dream, for tomorrow is a possible action, maybe in a few years the awareness about environment will be so high, to make this kind of activities no longer necessary. This is the real dream

Former Google Contributor

I love the idea @ErmesT

This is definitely a new way of approaching the problem of littering, and I don't see why this couldn't be a big step in the right direction.

I wish you the best of luck with this movement, and hopefully one day, like you said, a clean world will be a normality and not something we need to work towards.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Saya sangat setuju @ErmesT ...

Pada satu titik tertentu, kita bisa lihat perkembangannya sebelum dan sesudah dalam peta.

Model ini akan sangat membantu semua kalangan untuk mendapatkan informasi ini.

Suatu ketika,  sepulang connect live 2018 @BudiFXW pernah berbagi cerita bersama Een Irawan,  Tisna Rey, Ayu, @johanesjenito @SUDIYAH  dan kawan-kawan. Suatu saat,  beberapa titik sungai Ciliwung dari hulu, tengah dan hilir bisa saja ditambahkan dalam peta. Ketika penambahan peta mendapat persetujuan,  Siapapun, termasuk relawan dapat melaporkan/ menambahkan foto sampah di sungai. Rekam data gambar sebelum dan sesudah ini akan bisa dilihat siapapun, kapanpun dan dimanapun. 

Mudahan ini menarik sebagai bahan berbagi antar local guides yang akan semakin terhubung. 

Salam

FJoe

Level 8

@ErmesT @ErmesT  oh-oh-oh My gosh what entry I love it, yes I love it, and of course, without Google Maps and LocalGuides like ourselves  this would not be possible and everyone I am here to help connect you both, during this time I will help guide you through the necessary paths 

Level 8

@KarenVChin  your in to stay lol wow #LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld is 2.0 

Level 8

@FaridTDF  what can I say I only da English  if there wasn't a widget at top id be screwed  nice to see you here my friend

Level 8

@MortenSI  I think this is the Green Light for #LocalGuideCleanTheWorld 2.0 its great 

Level 8

@RiverDefender  your correct and I see you as part of that Modal primarily