ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: #LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld is 2.0 now - The new project, waiting for 2020

Hi @DavidTito 

sorry for my late reply. Are you talking about this pin?

Caption: a series of "mymap" pins composing a single, big blue pin - Local Guide @ermestCaption: a series of "mymap" pins composing a single, big blue pin - Local Guide @ermest

It took hours, to make a few seconds of animation, but I love the final result. The initial idea was to have one more animation, for transforming the pin in a big heart, but I gave up, because of the long time for making it, Maybe I can save it for my next video.

To answer your question, I am thinking about a serie of lessons, for guiding everyone in building his own Mymaps. E.g.:

Basic level: the minimum set of information required for this project

- How to create and save a Mymap

- Adding a pin

- Adding photos to a pin

- sharing a Mymap

Intermediate leves: How to make Mymaps more powerful

- Working with the database, for managing the information that we want to add

- Customisation of map elements

- Managing multiple layers

- inserting videos

- Adding polygons to the map

High Level: the power of Mymaps

- Exporting the data

- Transfering the information on Google Earth

- Creating a video in Google Earth pro, transforming a tour in an exciting experience

and more, of course. You are the expert, in my list I mentioned only what I am able to do myself with Mymap

Level 8

haha, @ErmesT  I did see this, I thought it was quite well done and if it took you hours to make yes definitely keep it, we can use it for a million and one things and will be remembered at this time think of it as a benchmark.

I like this three-point summary:

Basic level:

Intermediate level:

High level:

I will work around this new platform of ours and I will break them down into three different posts under Post name maybe something similar to having a Doc's Page and we can have this adding in and we can point local Guides to it, Yes this sounds wonderful and will work #LocalGuides Clean The World 2.0 perfectly 

I have already started on basic level video I hope to have this complete next week

Connect Moderator

Level 8

Connect Moderator

Level 8

@ErmesT  I wish I could export KML #LocalGuide Clean The World 2.0 to Google Earth which I can ... but showcasing it on Connect........ wow 

Connect Moderator

Clean the world 2.0 will be very personal @DavidTito , with a lot of different, small Mymaps.

Exporting the original maps would be simply crazy, with hours and hours of editing, but I can already imagine the great result

Level 8

@ErmesT, of course, I'm looking at the next video for intermediate level now and look at how we can generate feedback

Level 8

Level 8