Re: #LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld - Waste reducing challenge

Wow. This is so inspirational.. @Julien44

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 10

Hi guys,

I am coming back to you on this challenge. So far, I have confirmation from :

@Anonymous, @Sagir@AkmalB@Fahid@Venance

@ErmesT, I am not sure if you have accepted this challenge.

Have you started following your waste? If not, are you ready to start?  Do you think a waste reducing goal of 20% is manageable?

A quick reminder, the waste reducing challenge has been launched in connection with the project LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld initiated by @ErmesT. The main goal is to reduce our waste.

In order to follow this challenge, I have made an excel sheet with the following:

Date

Name

Members in Family

Country

Before/after actions

Kilograms of green rubbish composted

Kilograms of recycle rubbish

Kilograms of reuse product

Kilograms of not re-cycable products

If it is hard for you to weigh your rubbish, you can use on other indicator. May be bags (you have the litrage) or container... There is no worries, you can do it as you want. It has to be taken in an easy way. 

What does the colonn before/after action mean:

For example, if somebody doesn't compost, they will have lot kg of not recycable rubbish. This is "before action".

Once they will do compost, they have more kg in green rubbish composted and less in not recycable rubbish. This is "after action".

In my case, I do compost. I will try do more. For example, I will try to buy more responsible products with less packaging.

Is there any other local guides friends to join this challenge with us?

We are only few LG in this challenge. Does it sound complicated? Is there a reason not for joining? I would love to understand. If you can give me feedback, it would be nice.

Thanks in advance and see you around

Jul

Connect Moderator

Hi @Julien44

You are absolutely right. My waste management have a digital tracking managed by the waste company, that is updated every six months.

I will be back soon with the available data. I like the idea indeed, and I will send my data once available

Ermes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Julien44, this is excellent task but it demands complete change of mind - we need to educate ourselves and try to be respectful toward nature and try to understand how to be better for the environment. I believe that this is the main reason that more people doesn't get involved. 

This is action that requires long period of time, we need to organize in that manner and I will definitely start to pursue this task ☺️!

Soon I'll make cross-section and see where I'm at! ☺️

This is something that need to be done. I always wanted to recycle home garbage. For example all the time I reduce packages from food, always put plastic bottles in a specific containers...

Level 10

It's a good challenge @Julien44

From where I live  I'll try to do something my friend.

Connect Moderator

thanks for the reminder my friend @Julien44

the challenge is accepted its demanding and challenging but we can do it; in fact i' about 18 days now in it with plan to share the collected data when it is 4 weeks (28 April - 26 May 2018)

I will soon share the data 

thanks...

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 8

I have compost piles in the yard, along with a DIY worm composting bin in the garage.  I use the valuable resource of fruit & vegetable scraps, coffee ground/filters, etc. and turn them into rich compost for my plants.

I also collect rainwater and try to use as little water as possible

Level 9
Level 9

Nice Pic.

@AkmalB wrote:

Hi @Julien44

It's an other good idea and best way to measure and calculate,you make an excellent table,so we can check our progress,what we are doing,what we have to do,what we can do,

Before and after,is just amazing option,

Challenge is accepted,

Check this out,I started already 😀😀Zero waste compainZero waste compain

Thanks for starting such great cause @ErmesT @Anonymous @Julien44

Have a nice day

Level 9
Level 9

WoooooooooW.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello @Julien44,

I just want to bring back at our conversation from yesterday about waste in Serbia and the landfill we talked about.

This is probably the part of Local Guides Clean The World / WORST PRACTICES

Waste disposal in my country is a particularly painful topic and requires serious attention!!!

Here are some of the statistics:

Landfills in SerbiaLandfills in Serbia

The situation is really alarming and the government takes the urgent steps to solve the problem and move it from the dead point,

because in fact we only throw garbage, there is virtually no worth mentioning recycling!!!

deponija_0.jpg

I'll give an example from the city where I currently live, Subotica, and a similar situation is with other cities.

Here it is especially devastating that the landfill is so close to the city

Serbia Subotica.png

Level 9
Level 9

Very Nice & Clean.

@AkmalB wrote:

Guys this is my today's progress to highlight the places to make awareness about this kind of waste bins,if everyone use this method,the waste will be not waste ,that will be useful items,

Glass  Papers  plasticFrom left, first for glass, second for papers and third for plasticFrom left, first for glass, second for papers and third for plastic

Check this out, @Julien44 @ErmesT @Anonymous@