ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Re: LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld - Step 1 - Education

it's a really great idea and it should be spread all over the educational and environment organizations around the world because it's a world matter not only us (Local Guides).

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is excellent point of view @AlejandraMaria. It seems logical and most natural way to approach childrens and teach them good habits. Kids always follow, unquestionably good examples they see!

@AlejandraMaria wrote:

Hi @ErmesT and proactive Local Guides,

I have been reading the proposals and all are great: posters, apps, logos... and needed to make a change.

I am going to add my point of view.

When I read the post and start to think how to make it in my Schools (I work in 3), these are the reflections that come to my mind:

• Spain is more or less as the same level of recycle as Italy.
    We have the infrastructure (recycle contenedores)... But not everybody use them.
  • Kids study the process at school in a teoric and practice way.

We have the way open, but even though the kids and families don't recycle. Why?

Because Social transformations needs at least 10 years.

So, what can we do to make the change more faster?

Albert Bandura, come to my mind with his Social Learning Theory.

" Observational learning is learning that occurs through observing the behavior of others. It is a form of social learning which takes various forms, based on various processes. In humans, this form of learning seems to not need reinforcement to occur, but instead, requires a social model such as a parentsiblingfriend, or teacher with surroundings... " (wikepedia)

How I traslate this Social Learning Theory to this topic:

• First of all We have to be the models in our daily life, the people and kids will see us put the plastic in it container.P.E: when we go to Mcdonalds use recycle containers and upload this photos to Google Maps.  Places crowded of families and Kids

Mcdonalds recycleMcdonalds recycle

• And we have to create new models  In my case, teachers and families. And my plan is:  Find a class where or more less they do it, and supervising the process and make sure that kids will acquire the habit. Once I am sure that one class (teacher and kids) are doing good (this will take a month, time needed for making a habit), they are going to be models and I will use them to conciencite new classes. In a tree way.

These are more or less my ideas and how to put them in practice...

Let´s do this together.

Good Morning fromt he South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Level 8

Can't wait the good project for our living. We are supporting this.

Level 9

@ErmesT Brilliant initiative.  Thanks to you and all who participated in this project.  The project is really awesome. I always support others to do this kind of projects, I remember we started a similar project during my college days and we succeed.  Wish you all the very best. 

Although I saw your post few days ago from my mobile but my nature of work prevented me to seat in front of computer so could not reply you. 😞  I got some free holidays almost after a month so checking beautiful messages posted here on connect like by you, @KarenVChin and other beautiful local guides.  

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Level 10

@AlejandraMariawrote:

Hi @ErmesT and proactive Local Guides,

I have been reading the proposals and all are great: posters, apps, logos... and needed to make a change.

I am going to add my point of view.

When I read the post and start to think how to make it in my Schools (I work in 3), these are the reflections that come to my mind:

• Spain is more or less as the same level of recycle as Italy.
    We have the infrastructure (recycle contenedores)... But not everybody use them.
  • Kids study the process at school in a teoric and practice way.

We have the way open, but even though the kids and families don't recycle. Why?

Because Social transformations needs at least 10 years.

So, what can we do to make the change more faster?

Albert Bandura, come to my mind with his Social Learning Theory.

" Observational learning is learning that occurs through observing the behavior of others. It is a form of social learning which takes various forms, based on various processes. In humans, this form of learning seems to not need reinforcement to occur, but instead, requires a social model such as a parentsiblingfriend, or teacher with surroundings... " (wikepedia)

How I traslate this Social Learning Theory to this topic:

• First of all We have to be the models in our daily life, the people and kids will see us put the plastic in it container.P.E: when we go to Mcdonalds use recycle containers and upload this photos to Google Maps.  Places crowded of families and Kids

Mcdonalds recycleMcdonalds recycle

• And we have to create new models  In my case, teachers and families. And my plan is:  Find a class where or more less they do it, and supervising the process and make sure that kids will acquire the habit. Once I am sure that one class (teacher and kids) are doing good (this will take a month, time needed for making a habit), they are going to be models and I will use them to conciencite new classes. In a tree way.

These are more or less my ideas and how to put them in practice...

Let´s do this together.

Good Morning fromt he South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Good to know!!!

Level 8

Hi @ErmesT, @Fahid, @DrShaunak, @AgoesSantosa. @Anonymous
I'm so glad you started this beautiful project. Thank you very very very much.

Along with the industrial revolution, the world warmed rapidly from the 1800s. In the future, (this future is not far away) the world will become uninhabitable.

By leaving all political, religious, racial battles, we must leave a beautiful legacy to the future generations to live in this world.

Because, before all of our old priorities, human beings and all the creatures of the world come first.

Thank you again very much. I will do my best.

G+ | My Contributions One day, somewhere to meet.
Level 10

Level 8

Hi @Fahid

Social Learning Theory; very beautiful and its application is the easiest and the most effective method in a short time.

G+ | My Contributions One day, somewhere to meet.
Level 9

Hi @Şafak1,  @Fahid and @Anonymous

The Social Learning Theory is really important and a key in the way we learn.
When I was studying Psycology, in every single subject , Albert Bandura was mention... And a few years later , I can say that is one of the most important way of learning. That´s why I think we should have it in consideration.

Thank you very much for your comments 😊

Good Evening from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Connect Moderator

This topic will be wonderful in the next few days @AlejandraMaria@DrShaunak@Fahid@FazeelUsmani@Şafak1, @Anonymous

stay tuned, the countdown is just started. It is a matter of hours, and we will run the full project

Completing now

See you later

Ermes