Julien44's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

#LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld - Reuse project

Hi guys, @ErmesT, @Anonymous, @AkmalB @DavidTito@AlejandraMaria@Sagir@Venance@ATO_Explore

I am not very active on connect these days because I have this strange feeling mixed with happyness and sadness. We all have LG friends not being  selected yet. There is still hope and I keep the fingers crossed for you. Don't forget that @JeanRV got selected on the 22/09/2017 for the summit the 10/10/2017.

This weekend, I had  thoughts about Local Guides Clean The World project. Unfortunatly, the school manager has refused my proposal for meeting up with kids. As I still want to be active in this project, here are ideas I want to share:

Here in France (and I am sure in lot of countries), we are in a way of life orientated on consumtion. We buy so many things without any need. So, lot of things are not being used and could be reused in other countries.

As example, I have 2 kids, they love football and they are watching the world cup with lot of interest. They are collectionning the Panini cards. Do you know the panini cards?

These are cards with the football players. The problem is that they buy cards for this year worldcup but in few weeks they won't play with them anymore. I know how it will finished===>We have lot of cards from previous events in our house !

My thoughts were about reusing some of the games kids do not use anymore. 

These games could be given to kids by our local guides friends in countries in need.

All these are only thoughts at the moment and I don't know if it is manageable.

What do you think?

Thanks a lot in advance and see you soon.

Jul

37 comments
Level 10

Re: #LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld - Reuse project

Hi bro @Julien44

I totally agree with you and a good planning of your idea will fantastic.

Connect Moderator

@Julien44, panini cards????

i don’t know how much money 💴 I loose due to this hobby of my children...,

We can make a competition who have more?....😂 😭😭😭

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 10

Hi @Julien44

Brilliant idea and great way to reuse our items,and as we are practicing local guides clean the world project,so it's a best time to practice reuse items,

Actually you give us a new direction in practicing local guides clean the world project,

We are happy for you my friend,and you should be feel happy,as you are a legend local guide,

Thank you

Have a nice day

Level 8

@Julien44 you could put them in a frame hang on the wall

@Julien44 wrote:

Hi guys, @ErmesT, @Anonymous, @AkmalB @DavidTito@AlejandraMaria@Sagir@Venance@ATO_Explore

I am not very active on connect these days because I have this strange feeling mixed with happyness and sadness. We all have LG friends not being  selected yet. There is still hope and I keep the fingers crossed for you. Don't forget that @JeanRV got selected on the 22/09/2017 for the summit the 10/10/2017.

This weekend, I had  thoughts about Local Guides Clean The World project. Unfortunatly, the school manager has refused my proposal for meeting up with kids. As I still want to be active in this project, here are ideas I want to share:

Here in France (and I am sure in lot of countries), we are in a way of life orientated on consumtion. We buy so many things without any need. So, lot of things are not being used and could be reused in other countries.

As example, I have 2 kids, they love football and they are watching the world cup with lot of interest. They are collectionning the Panini cards. Do you know the panini cards?

These are cards with the football players. The problem is that they buy cards for this year worldcup but in few weeks they won't play with them anymore. I know how it will finished===>We have lot of cards from previous events in our house !

My thoughts were about reusing some of the games kids do not use anymore. 

These games could be given to kids by our local guides friends in countries in need.

All these are only thoughts at the moment and I don't know if it is manageable.

What do you think?

Thanks a lot in advance and see you soon.

Jul

Level 10

Dear @Julien44,

Thanks for tagging me but I would not use my late invitation to last year's event as an example or a reference.

Giving unused toys is a very generous idea, but there are already many charitable association in this business, a few examples:

Maybe helping these association could be more efficient than doing what they already do.

Kind regards

Jean

Level 9

Hi @Julien44!

A pity the school manager has refused your  proposal...

My kids play with panini cards too. They have the ones from the Spanish league.

It´s nice to find a way to reuse them...

Good Evening from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Level 10

Hi @Venance,

Glad to see that this subjet is interesting you.

Please send me you adress by PM, I will send you some panini cards!

Thanks in advance

See you around

Jul

Connect Moderator

@Julien44, I have an idea with regards to your panini cards. If you collect a lot of them, do you remember playing the "matching game' - which you have to 2 or pairs of the same cards. Collect enough of them and give them to a local preschool or collect them to give to preschool age kids.  The other version of the "matching game" is called  "concentration. The kids are a little other than preschool - This is when you take a stack of matching or pairs and lay them on a table. You can have for example 30 cards (or 15 matching pairs).  Lay out pairs  3 across and have 5 rows for example. And have the kid flip a card. The flip it back.  Then flip another card. Then flip it back. Kids can take turns flipping cards, then flipping them down until they start recognizing the matching card. When you get a match, you take the pair off the table.   Another Idea would be if there is a visible country flag on the face of the card, if you collect one of each country, older kids can practice remembering country flags beside the football players themselves. 

Just thoughts if you collect A LOT of cards to make actual games from them instead of collecting cards and then giving away stacks.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

Hello @JeanRV,

Thanks for your positive input!

I am sorry for informing the others about your late invitation. I didn't know it was a secret.

Regarding your proposal about helping other associations, you are right, it is a good idea but I am doing it for years! My thoughts were: what more could I do?

You mentionned, "maybe helping these association could be more efficient than doing what they already do". I am also sorry @JeanRV but I don't agree with you. 

You are right, there are lot of associations working on the subjet "clean the world" but I cannot and will not be satisfied by only helping them.

My goal is to be creative and active on this project. I have started with thoughts and I will carry on with actions!

As I am already helping some associations,I want to go deeper.

May be it will not be efficient but I will have the satisfaction of doing it myself!

Have a good day and see you around

Jul

@JeanRV  a écrit :

Dear @Julien44,

Thanks for tagging me but I would not use my late invitation to last year's event as an example or a reference.

Giving unused toys is a very generous idea, but there are already many charitable association in this business, a few examples:

Maybe helping these association could be more efficient than doing what they already do.

Kind regards

Jean