Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld - KIDS DONT WASTE for BETTER WATER TASTE

Local Guides Clean The World - KIDS DONT WASTE for BETTER WATER TASTE is a part of Local Guides clean the world - A Local Guides project

The best education for children is through the example. We always have to give them proper advice and give them useful information in a fun way!!!

What exactly is "waste?"

Waste is anything we throw away or get rid of, that doesn’t get used.  We must teach children that they do not throw away anything because everything returns to nature and we all later have the consequences to our lives. There are 3 things that we need to teach our children, concerning environmental recycling, that is 3R (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle)

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Three great ways you can eliminate waste and protect your environment! Waste, and how we choose to handle it, affects our world's environment—that's your environment. The environment is everything around you including the air, water, land, plants, and man-made things. And since by now you probably know that you need a healthy environment for your own health and happiness, you can understand why effective waste management is so important to you and everyone else. The waste we create has to be carefully controlled to be sure that it does not harm your environment and your health.  It is important that children understand how important the water is and how it affects our lives daily.

World Water Day

World Water Day is a great chance to teach your kids about the importance of water. Often we take water for granted so it's crucial to teach them to appreciate how lucky we are to have clean, safe water from a young age.

What is World Water Day?

It is an international day of observance that encourages people to not only learn more about how water impacts the lives of others, but also to teach people new ways to positively impact water usage world wide.  There’s plenty of things kids can do on this day– paint face blue, dress in blue, or bake some blue cakes. Kids are bound to love the opportunity to get messy, but will also enjoy learning some World Water Day facts & raising awareness for a good cause.   

World Water Day Activities

When we’re little and the world is such a big place, water is one of a million things that we explore on a daily basis. As we grow older, we learn more about the importance of water and just how many ways it impacts us. If you’re looking for a way to make World Water Day for kids an educational and fun experience, consider making rain inside your home!

You’ll need:

1. A glass jar
  2. A plate
  3. Hot water
  4. Ice cubes

Gather the family around the kitchen worktop and pour about 5ml of hot water into the jar. Cover the jar with a plate and pause for a moment. Take this opportunity to ask your little ones what they think is going to happen. This is a great time to explain how water impacts their surroundings: the food they eat, the gardens they play in, the bath they take at night. It’s all affected by water!

While they’re trying to figure out what will happen, put the ice cubes on the plate and make sure they watch inside the jar. Pretty soon, the hot and cold elements will cause the water in the jar to condense, rise into the air, and form rain droplets from the top of the plate! Once the water has cooled, make sure you re-use it to avoid unnecessary waste. You could use it to water a houseplant or even rinse some dishes.

For more information on how we use water every day, check out this article that connects the use of water with things you and your children come into contact daily. You might be surprised!

Remember  all kids’ activities need adult supervision. Always supervise your kids when using hot objects, and read all instructions before starting a craft or game.

LGCTW Education Poster by MiroslavPLGCTW Education Poster by MiroslavP

Don’t just toss everything in the trash

Lots of things (like cans, bottles, paper, and cardboard) can be remade into either the same kind of thing or new products. Making new items from recycled ones also takes less energy and fewer resources than making products from brand new materials.

Just about anything in your home (or office or school, etc.) that cannot be reused CAN be recycled into something else. You'd be amazed what can be done with a recycled product! A recycled soda bottle, can be made into T-shirts, combs, or hundreds of other plastic goods that can be used for many years. Even your brand new computer case might be made from ordinary recycled plastics. And paper products can take on different forms as well; an old phone book or coloring book might become one of your school books or a notebook.

Your recycling mission is not impossible! In fact, it is very simple:
Don't throw away anything that can be recycled!

Here is a list of things you may be able to recycle:

• Aluminum cans
  • Cardboard
  • Electronic equipment
  • Glass (particularly bottles and jars)
  • Magazines
  • Metal
  • Newspaper
  • Paper
  • Plastic Bags
  • Plastic Bottles
  • Steel Cans
  • Writing/Copy Paper
  • Yard Waste (leaves, grass)

Now isn't that easy? There is so much that YOU can do with very little effort.

@ermest@Fahid@Julien44@DavidTito@AlejandraMaría Join us in this spectacular event!!!

Thank you

Serbia
43 comments
Level 10

Re: LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld - Step 1 - Education

Hi @Anonymous,

You are very good with graphics. The poster is well done. Thank you.

To be frank, I think it is to much resticted on water. 

What will be the use of the poster?

I think we have to be more overall. But how? I would suggest that we look towards Eco citizen idea. #LetsGuide kids to be eco citizen 😉

How can the kids be better eco citizen?

- In using as less as possible chimical products, 

- In managing their use of water,

- In managing rubbish with selective sorting. Also in trying to reduce rubbish as much as possible,

- In using better mean of transport,

- In cleaning the nature,

- ... There are so many possibilities

So we could make something like this:

Capture eco citoyen.JPG

Otherwise, we could focus on few of them: 

- Manage the rubbish,

- Clean the world,

With something like this:

Capture eco citoyen 2.JPG

These are 2 example taken from the web but they well represante my thoughts

What do you tink?

@Anonymousa écrit :

Hello @ErmesT@Fahid@Julien44@DavidTito@AlejandraMaria

What do you think of this poster which I made, could it be used for some purpose in the educational part of the program? 

I tried to be interesting and informative for children.

LGCTW Education Poster by MiroslavPLGCTW Education Poster by MiroslavP

I am interested in your opinions
Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with you @Julien44 that there are many ways to approach this topic and what she stands for, we should work on them as well.

My opinion is that we need to focus on the water mostly because in the water everything circles and the children have to be aware of it and have to know that everything they do has consequences.

Children also love water and it is easy for them to think about it and to connect things related to it...

Level 10

Re: LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld - KIDS DONT WASTE for BETTER WATER TASTE

Hi @Anonymous

It's really nice to have such creative person with us on this forum,

Indeed it's a great initiative and examples are worth reading and the best to teach our next generation,that how we can save and make liveable our planet in future,

I will not wrong if I say you're the master of graphic design,really good logos with deep meanings

Have a nice day

Connect Moderator

Hey, what a beautiful post @Anonymous. Abandoned plastic is mostly finishing the long travel in the oceans, so I see very well the link between the water (source of life) and plastic pollution.

I think we should have more and more kind of this posters, like also the one shared by @Julien44, in a printable format, created by us, to share in the schools. What do you think, @AlejandraMaria, @KarenVChin?

What about to start to create a download area of printable materials? We can have PDF in different sizes, for the teachers that want to use in the schools, or for the "School meetup" in which Local Guides can organise activities with the schools, @MelizzaNeon, @br14n? @ShafiulB, @BishowvijayaP

What do you think about this, @MahabubMunna

Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW @AkmalB, THANK YOU FOR SUCH NICE TALK ☺️☺️☺️!!! 👏👏👏 Really, it means a lot to me. Every aspect is perfect. 

Our next generations need to learn before it's too late, we are at the edge so we need fast reaction!!!

Level 10

Amazing @Anonymous amazing!

Not only on writing but you are best in designing also. 

I know the posture speaks a lot than the brochure. Because it gives a visualization. Not all people love to read but of course they are willing to observe. And such designs spread a great message to the target people or area. 

Program being focussed to school these flexes will cause inquisitiveness in students. One collection album for such flexes would be better @ErmesT.

Level 10

The points you picked up are very genuine @Julien44. This will help kids to be future polluter of water from now. If we teach them now then cleaning the environment becomes a habit for them.

Connect Moderator

Thanks @BishowvijayaP

We are in the phase of generating contents, so everyone is welcome in creating contents focused on school, to create a library, a collection available to everyone. The same way that we want to work in sharing best practices, positive example. As we are sad for a polluted planet, we should transform this concept in "happiness for a clean world". You are a master in this, Local Guides poet

Anonymous
Not applicable

BIG THANK YOU @ErmesT. Water pollution is big and important topic! I think it is fantastic idea that we should have download area with PDFs 👏👏👏!!!