ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Good Practice in Malasia -- Exchanging Plastic waste for gold

One man’s trash can end up being his gold too. Hello-Gold is launching 500 vending machines across Malaysia that convert plastic bottles and aluminum cans to investment-grade gold. The fintech company has teamed up with Malaysia’s reversevending machine (RVM) company KLEAN to bring about a recycling scheme that offers Malaysians 0.00059 grams of gold for each recycled plastic bottle or aluminum can. 

After registering for an account on the HelloGold app, users can bring their plastic bo .. 

Level 8

Re: LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld - Best Practices

Hello @ErmesT

Thanks for sharing the waste management system in your area. I live in Kathmandu valley which was higher pollution rate in Nepal. The most polluted areas are rivers and roads (with lots of specks of dust) The Government of Nepal along with some organizations are working hard to improve the rivers of Kathmandu. The construction of the road is going on so we hope to get rid of the dusty road soon. 

I think we Local Guides can join the various movements hosted in the cities along with our own awareness program. I need your suggestions regards that. 

Namaste, Niraj

Connect Moderator

Re: Good Practice in Malasia -- Exchanging Plastic waste for gold

Saving Money is a powerful way to create a culture of recycle and reuse @Fahid

It is interesting to see how different countries are approaching the way to reduce plastic waste production.

Thanks a lot for sharing

Ermes

Connect Moderator

I agree with you @NirajBhusal, and Local Guides can of course do a lot in this. I think you should contact other organization presenting our global program, to see if it is possible to run a common action. I think also @BishowvijayaP would love the idea.

I hope to be able to follow soon with beautiful news, but I cannot officially share too much yet.

Ermes

Level 10

I highly love this idea @ErmesT. Just thinking of how to make impact in regarding to this concept. We do have ongoing river cleaning project which is recently expanded in a new river as well. Since this is a mega project by civil society and supported by government and other institutions we can participate in the project under their platforms. This is one option.

@NirajBhusal if you have any other options then we can discuss on them. Let's make a plan to be in action.

Connect Moderator

Level 10

Cochin Brahmapuram -- Plastic Waste to Electricity Plant

Plastic waste collected in Cochin CityPlastic waste collected in Cochin City

Plastic waste collected in Cochin City was not properly processed so far!!

Now comes another big initiative in Kerala State (Cochin) to convert plastic waste to Electricity which is rooming around in local news yesterday!!! Its done by burning the complete wastes at a very very high temperature and convert the same to electricity using gasification process!!

Its expected to generate 10MW power per day!!!

300 ton of plastic waste can be processed per day!!!

Cost of 360 Crore INR (Approx 55 Million USD)!!

http://www.asianetnews.com/news/brahmapuram-waste-to-electricity-plant

(Article is in Malayalam language and choose language conversion option)

Level 8

Hello @ErmesT 

Thanks for letting me some best practices which are currently going on around my city regards to waste management and cleanness.  I want to share about a startup named "KHALISISI" which is working hard regards waste management system in Nepal. @BishowvijayaP I think let's not follow the government project regarding cleaning river because they have their own plans and our small contribution will not make a sense to them. So, our target must be something like Khalisisi which has a great impact on society. @ErmesT you can follow this link http://khaalisisi.com to more about Khalisisi and I am sure you will be impressed seeing this. @BishowvijayaP do you know some other organizations like Khalisisi? if not then let's follow Khalisisi, they are doing great.

Finally, I need some suggestions from @ErmesT regards this. 

Capture.PNG

Namaste, Niraj

Level 10

Re: Cochin Brahmapuram -- Plastic Waste to Electricity Plant

@Fahid Nice to read about this.. Tagging some friends in Kochi/Kerala

@Sariga @FuvadShah @Dhipin @Midhunhk @rohitalbert @antosmaman @JustinAlex @ArunMuralidhar@bijusreekumar

@Fahid wrote:

Now comes another big initiative in Kerala State (Cochin) to convert plastic waste to Electricity which is rooming around in local news yesterday!!! Its done by burning the complete wastes at a very very high temperature and convert the same to electricity using gasification process!!

Its expected to generate 10MW power per day!!!

300 ton of plastic waste can be processed per day!!!

Cost of 360 Crore INR (Approx 55 Million USD)!!

http://www.asianetnews.com/news/brahmapuram-waste-to-electricity-plant

(Article is in Malayalam language and choose language conversion option)

Level 8

Nice post and Nice effort