Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Local guides

What do people get for being a local guide on google maps. Hi this is my first time asking a question on here

FL, USA
3 comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Local guides

Welcome TD9 and I believe you can find all of the answers to your questions in the forums.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there thanks for responding 

Connect Moderator

Hi @Anonymous you ask why be a Local Guide?

There are quite a lot of different reasons for all of us that part of this community. Most of us just like to help out other people, of course there are perks from time to time and if a significant contributor you may be invited to the Local Guides Connect Live Event in San Francisco expenses paid. However, that said, the main benefit is membership of a community. Everyday that we use Maps, decide where to go based on reviews or simply find our way it is because of the contributions of other Local Guides. We contribute to pay those other people back for their efforts which in turn helps others. This enormous crowd sourcing program helps Google Maps be a better product but it also helps the people like you and I who use Maps every day. I personally also see it as a way for returning the favour of free usage of various Google products. Finally, it allows you to make some mark on the world and be recognised for your contributions.

Regards Paul