AneeqN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Local guide summit 2018

Any tips for local guide summit 2018 Application submission. How I make vedio? what i will say in a vedio so i must be selected. How i submit an impressive application?

USA
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Local guide summit 2018

@AneeqN wrote:

Any tips for local guide summit 2018 Application submission. How I make vedio? what i will say in a vedio so i must be selected. How i submit an impressive application?

Oh this is the question of the year @AneeqN - I've managed to get in twice, once as a second and once as a first. I hope that you'll accept my advice as serious because it's worked for me twice. Just Be You. Don't get fancy. Don't get a gimmick. Be Honest.

Talk about why you love to be a Local Guide and what you get out of it. I made my video the first time with a camera and the second time just with my phone. No fancy production. In the mean time engage here on Connect, be warm, be friendly, be international, be helpful. Be a cool Local Guide on Maps. Everything is seen. Much is considered in the application process.

Regards Paul

Level 8

Thanks you for your suggestion/advice @PaulPavlinovich and also thank you @AneeqN for asking this question I've been thinking to ask this question recently 🙂

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Level 6

thanks @PaulPavlinovich..  🙂 🙂 

Level 9

@AneeqN good question, also do you think that the application submission will still be a video and has it always been a video ? (just asking by curiosity...)

Check out my virtual tours demo / "A camera is a save button for the mind's eye" - Geek quote 🙂 /

Generated using https://ndsmyter.be/local-guides-banner/
Connect Moderator

Hi @GéraldM and @AneeqN assuming nothing changes, the application process for the last two has consisted of completing a form and submitting a one minute video about you and why you would get something out of the Summit.

The Googlers have not revealed the exact process but my expectation would be that they run through the applications and create a short list then run through those to watch their videos to make their final decision. Note that this might not be how it happens, this is just my thinking of how it would happen. The Googlers rightly keep the exact process to themselves to stop people from gaming the application process.

Regards Paul