InnocentUG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Local community of Local Guides

Hey everyone, in my campus we have a bunch of local guides, we set meet ups and have fun adding necessary stuffs on the Google maps, I was wondering whether it's against any law if we form a Local community of Local guides within the University. Anyone can help.

1 comment

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Local community of Local Guides

Hello my dear @InnocentUG there is no problem. I recommend you to use your city name where is the university. For example your university is in Sonipat, so you can use "sonipat local guides". For more info have a look what our Googler says,

Communities owned by Local Guides Level 3+ that meet our guidelines are eligible for support. Basic requirements for supported communities include having a profile photo, a description, at least 50 members, and consistent community activity. The Local Guides team supports one owner per community and one community per area. To make it easier for others to find and join your community, we suggest “[YOUR LOCATION] Local Guides.” 

https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6273834?hl=en&ref_topic=6214612&vid=1-635751690733417...

Happy mapping

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.

View solution in original post

Level 9
Solution

Re: Local community of Local Guides

Hello my dear @InnocentUG there is no problem. I recommend you to use your city name where is the university. For example your university is in Sonipat, so you can use "sonipat local guides". For more info have a look what our Googler says,

Communities owned by Local Guides Level 3+ that meet our guidelines are eligible for support. Basic requirements for supported communities include having a profile photo, a description, at least 50 members, and consistent community activity. The Local Guides team supports one owner per community and one community per area. To make it easier for others to find and join your community, we suggest “[YOUR LOCATION] Local Guides.” 

https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6273834?hl=en&ref_topic=6214612&vid=1-635751690733417...

Happy mapping

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.