AradhanaB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Local Guides in India: Help during demonetisation

Please conduct a Local Guides Volunteer day to add missing banks and ATMs 

Such a drive would also ensure more accurate location, name of bank/ATM, removal of permanently shut down ATM/Bank, working hours of bank and contact details

Happy Guiding!!

Former Google Contributor

@ANANTHANARAYANC You can host your own meet-up along with other Local Guides to help others to make Google Maps more accurate. 

Thank you

Level 2

Yes sir, It is very useful to all,  and this drive will be help to find fuel points also.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Aradhana Mam..

Firstly thanking you for giving a correct information at this period. 👍 

An Amazing Real Short Story for You :- 

I want to say you that in the period of Demonetisation i helped every people on my hometown via Google Maps. You shocked when you know that a large number of peoples don't know about Google Maps and it's services in my hometown Duhatand, Dhanbad. But in the Demonetisation some of my friends asked me that, "Yaar, have you any solution at this period and how we get information earlier that where we're going there what type of facilities are available, such as Debit Card, Cheque & many Payment options" then I said all of them and tell him about Google Maps and it's new features. Some days  I helped all of my friends on Maps, after 2 or 3 days they'd enjoying it and not only used but also described Google Maps uses to his all of Family Members. Hence, which Area peoples didn't knew or heared  about Google Maps, now they using Google Maps before visiting any place and making the Demonetisation successful. And all they are saying thank you to Google Maps. 

Really trust on me this is not a maked story, it is a true story at my hometown Duhatand, Dhanbad. 

Finally, Thanks Google

And also Thank You Aradhana Mam...for discussing these helpful way on this stage. 

Level 6

Right information about an ATM's location gonna help many people. But some of the ATMs are not working and we need to update that as well.

Level 7

Its a nice approach mam you gave... 

but is it 100% work?

@AradhanaB wrote:

31-dec-16-paymentpptions.png

India’s Recent Currency Demonetization and How Local Guides Can Help

In November, the Indian government announced that it would discontinue the use of existing 500 and 1,000 rupee notes (around 86% of currency in circulation). Everyone can deposit their old bills in their bank accounts till Dec 30th, and can withdraw new currency notes from ATMs and banks.

You can help your neighbors navigate the changes by adding missing banks and ATMs to Google Maps. Since cash shortages are another concern, you can also edit cafes, restaurants and stores directly on Google Maps for Android and Chrome for mobile to identify places that accept credit and debit cards.

Tips for getting started:

How to add a place to Google Maps

To add ATMs, use the category “ATM” and add it as a distinct feature.

• Do not add an ATM within a bank if it is accessible only within the working hours of the bank.
  • You can add ATMs from different banks as a separate feature. If there are multiple ATMs of the same bank in one place, you can add them as a single feature.
  • You can include “ATM” in the name such as “XYZ bank ATM”

dec2016-localguides-payment-options.gif

Former Google Contributor

@PapriG You can update the payment information for Cafe, stores and restaurants at the moment on Android and Chrome on mobile. Thank you for updating information to help others. 

Level 7

@AradhanaB Thank you Mam ... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Aradhana Mam..!

I contributed every missing ATMs and Banks on Google Maps at my Local Area. No any place remaining in my city.

But mam..! Some of the Added ATMs taking so times to publish. 

Level 7

Good initiative help to the people who want help