Carl_Cornelius's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Local Guides for Tourism Promotion

I use Local Guides in Google Map (formerly in Map Maker and Panoramio) for tourism promotion and in building a reliable directory for my beloved hometown Catbalogan City, the Gateway to the western province of Samar. A sunset in Maqueda Bay. 2017A sunset in Maqueda Bay. 2017

The Parola. A lighthouse made by the Americans during the American occupation of the Philippines.The Parola. A lighthouse made by the Americans during the American occupation of the Philippines.

Rock Formations in Darahuway Daco Island.Rock Formations in Darahuway Daco Island.

Saint Bartholomew the Apostle Parish, the oldest church originally built in the year 1616 by Jesuit priests.Saint Bartholomew the Apostle Parish, the oldest church originally built in the year 1616 by Jesuit priests.

Samar Provincial Capitol building, the seat of power of the provincial government.Samar Provincial Capitol building, the seat of power of the provincial government.

Endless blue sea.Endless blue sea.

Buri Baras Beach, a popular beach destination in the province.Buri Baras Beach, a popular beach destination in the province.

A sunny day at the pier.A sunny day at the pier.

Imelda ParkImelda Park

Catbalogan City, Samar, Philippines
9 comments
Level 9

Local Guides for Tourism Promotion

I use Local Guides in Google Map (formerly in Map Maker and Panoramio) for tourism promotion and in building a reliable directory for my beloved hometown Catbalogan City, the Gateway to the western province of Samar. A sunset in Maqueda Bay. 2017A sunset in Maqueda Bay. 2017

The Parola. A lighthouse made by the Americans during the American occupation of the Philippines.The Parola. A lighthouse made by the Americans during the American occupation of the Philippines.

Rock Formations in Darahuway Daco Island.Rock Formations in Darahuway Daco Island.

Saint Bartholomew the Apostle Parish, the oldest church originally built in the year 1616 by Jesuit priests.Saint Bartholomew the Apostle Parish, the oldest church originally built in the year 1616 by Jesuit priests.

Samar Provincial Capitol building, the seat of power of the provincial government.Samar Provincial Capitol building, the seat of power of the provincial government.

Endless blue sea.Endless blue sea.

Buri Baras Beach, a popular beach destination in the province.Buri Baras Beach, a popular beach destination in the province.

A sunny day at the pier.A sunny day at the pier.

Level 9

Re: Local Guides for Tourism Promotion

Follow me in Instagram @Carl_cornelius if you wanna see more of my photos. 🙂
Level 9

Hi @Carl_Cornelius:

Thanks for sharing these photos. Can you share a bit more information about these photos?

I have also merged your posts together as they are similar.  Thanks 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 9

Sure thing. I'll post some more photos with details next time. Thank 🙂
Level 10

Nice photos, although some showing too much sky when not required. The Samar Capitol Building should be more panoramic of the building and not of sky. The first photo too shows too much dark sky when a more panoramic picture would have been better.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Level 9

Hey @Carl_Cornelius nice photos..

Did u got paid when you are working as a map maker..??

Level 9

Thank you @Carl_Cornelius for sharing with us.

Level 9

@TheEagleEye Noted. Thanks for the advice, sir. ☺

Level 9

@ShravanJain No sir but I wish it was 😅. All of the effort I exerted is all because I want to help to best that I can do to improve Google Map in my locality. And also for the adventure along with it.