YK1001's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Local Guides clean the world - thinking to make iconic features from all plastics recovered

Hi @NadyaPN,

I am sure we have local wisdom everywhere to deal with all kinds of waste management problems.

We as Local Guides can discover those stories and share with each other.

While this can help increase the awareness to the issue, it will also give examples on how to do more of Reduce<>Reuse<>Recycle .

Level 6

Re: Local Guides clean the world - thinking to make iconic features from all plastics recovered

This is really beautiful, I have seen a video few days back where they have used plastic bottles in place of bricks to construct a house.

Thanks for sharing

Level 9

@YK1001 thanks for sharing this info with us. Today I attended a workshop, and they are using plastic waste mixed with hot bitumen for road pavement.

I like your RRR tag 🙂

IMG_20180424_143454.jpg

Level 8

Hi @IlankovanT,

I am glad that you like the RRR line.  It is not my idea - just a common slogan used in HK to promote environmental protection.

Yes, using plastics to make bricks is a good application.  As brick has a long usage life, thus it will be staying as useful for long long time.

Connect Moderator

This is an awesome video @YK1001. And of course, it's height of creativity as well. Who would think that the plastic bottles could be recycled like this? A great project, indeed.

Connect Moderator

There are undreds of different way for recycling, @SoniaK, have a look of this post by @Ibolit

I think that Best practices is an important step of the Education Program

Do you agree, @NadyaPN?

Ermes

Level 10

It was just Amazing @YK1001 thank you very much for sharing 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Former Google Contributor

@ErmesT, I totally agree. I think these need to be taught to children in schools from early age. Most of the developing countries (like mine) have close to zero awareness about the ecological crisis that's going on.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Right you are, @ErmesT. Just read the post that you mentioned. It's wonderful. It's all about a lot of imagination and a little creativity, that can make things easier with beauty. Kudos to all good works. 

Connect Moderator

Re: Local Guides Clean The World - Related Media News

Hey, this is a great Idea @YK1001, thank you for starting this thread.

I will update the Main Post adding also the link to here, this was really a missing part of the project.

Ermes