cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Local Guides clean the world - A Local Guides project

@Badruddeen wrote:

@RiverDefender wrote:

Hi @ErmesT @KarenVChin @DrRajanwalawalkar @Anonymous @DavidTito apa kabar Anda semua?

Maaf terlambat merespon di connect, beberapa hari ini saya betul-betul sulit mengatur waktu yang begitu padat.

Ya, hari ini adalah hari peringatan yang betul-betul menyentuh hati saya. Di mana, hari ini masyarakat global memperingati hari Lingkungan Hidup Sedunia.

Kami di Kota Bogor bersama dengan Kementrian Lingkungan Hidup dan Kehutanan Republik Indonesia, Eco Village, Komunitas Peduli Ciliwung dari Bogor, Jakarta, Depok melakukan seremoni dengan memungut sampah yang ada di sungai Ciliwung, Kota Bogor.

Ini petanya

World Environment Day From Bogor

Berikut beberap foto pada peringatan hari Lingkungan Hidup Sedunia dari Kota Bogor

Salam

FJoe

Celebrations between local communities in the river ciliwung, Bogor CityCelebrations between local communities in the river ciliwung, Bogor CityPicked up plastic wastePicked up plastic wasteRoad to locationRoad to location

Good job @RiverDefender

Keep it up.

Cheers

@Badruddeen ...

Maaf. Saya sangat terlambat merespon. Setelah sebelum hari raya dan setelah hari raya rasanya sangat sibuk.

Terima kasih memberi kami energi. 

Ya. Kami di Bogor bersama Komunitas Lokal akan terus bergerak seperti air. 

Level 10

Hi @bdmafuz

I am sad to see this. I know it is the same with turtles and fishes.

Thanks for sharing

See you

Jul

Level 9

Hi @KarenVChin!

A very interesting video,  I didn´t know the Talks at Google Channel...

Karen, I don´t really know  what is better ...  wild-caught ocean fish or farm-raised, I am agree with you that each option has its own set of issues ...

The truth is that we are eating worse and worse ...

Good Afternoon from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Level 9

Hi @bdmafuz,

It´s alarming, yes...We need to take conscious of it, and one way is noticing what is happening in our surroundings.

Alejandra.

@bdmafuz wrote:

Yesterday I found one news published in our daily newspaper about our sea bird's 🐦 die. Researchers find out that, sea bird's die because of hunger. They found lots of plastic items in bird's stomach. When bird's eat they eat some plastic items and it never digest. When full of stomach fill with plastic items they can't eat anything buy they are very hungry. After some days they die with hunger.

It's very alarming signal for our sea bird's and other animals.FB_IMG_1530105622242.jpg

Connect Moderator

@AlejandraMaria,glad you enjoyed the video. Talks at Google has a new video everyday. It’s a great learning resource for both personal development and hot topics such as “Plastic Ocean.”

In many ways, the quality of food we raised is not as good or as healthy as was say 30 to 50; years ago in the US unfortunately.  To get the amount of abundance and “perfect looking” food, much of our food uses pesticides, antibiotics, can be GMO. There is a current movement to buy and eat only organic, non GMO food here. Do you have the same in Spain?

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

Yes, @KarenVChin we can buy and eat only organic but even though there are restrictions.

For example, yesterday I was talking with my parents about eggs.

They go to an specific supermarket because they by eggs that belongs to hens that live in open areas instead of hens that live crowded in cages, These eggs aren´t organic but they prefer this option to the organic that live in crowded  cages...

With this example I want to say that is complicated, even with the organic option... A pity...

But at least in Spain we can choose between something, like you do in USA and other countries.

So sorry, I think that today I am a bit pessimist...

ALejandra.

Connect Moderator

@AlejandraMaria, never apology. You weren’t pessimistic. We have the same thing here, free range (open, loose), caged - organic or non organic.

The best thing to do if you live in an area where you are allow to raise your own chickens you know what is being fed into them.  

Backyard chicken eggs are delicious. Very fortunate to try them a few years ago. So much better than store bought. Has taste! Have you ever tried fresh, farm or backyard eggs? It’s hard to go back eating store bought after eating these kinds of eggs.

Sorry @ErmesT for going off tangent on your topic. But eating organic, not food grown with pesticides or antibiotics, falls under Clean The World category, rings true.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

Local Guides Clean The World - Doing My Part

Hi friends from all world

I suppose that everybody would like to live in a clean planet, without pollution. For sure to achieve this very tough challenge politics and administrators must do their part. But all of us must also do our part. In fact, to keep the planet earth clean is a obligation all human being have along life, no exception. 

My house, situated at Santa Tereza, Belo Horizonte, Minas GeraisMy house, situated at Santa Tereza, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais

At the beginning, the street and the sidewalk  were abandoned and not clean.At the beginning, the street and the sidewalk were abandoned and not clean.

The sidewalk were in fact dangerous to walk because irregularities hidden by bush.The sidewalk were in fact dangerous to walk because irregularities hidden by bush.

So I pruned the trees every weekend.So I pruned the trees every weekend.

And , also, started to sweeping the sidewalk every weekendAnd , also, started to sweeping the sidewalk every weekend

Now the sidewalk in much more clean and safe, as can be seen.Now the sidewalk in much more clean and safe, as can be seen.

This is my sidewalk after I finished my part.This is my sidewalk after I finished my part.

Even at night without colors can be easily see how it was much better.Even at night without colors can be easily see how it was much better.

Tha is the idea, "to be my part"  to Clean the World.Tha is the idea, "to be my part" to Clean the World.

As I told months ago, I won´t not only congratulated good examples posted here, but also I will do my part. That is what I am doing since I changed to my new residence, as I proudly sharing with us as one more example. I pruned the trees, cleaned and swept the sidewalk and retired the bushes to avoid accidents. Those actions have been made in all weekends so far. That is the idea, to do my part.

Nice to being part of this forum again,

Yours,

Ricardo. 

Ricardo Costa Val do Rosário
Former Google Contributor

Re: Local Guides Clean The World - Doing My Part

Hey @Rcostaval,

You have done a great deed. 

I have moved your topic to the official one here - Local Guides clean the world - A Local Guides project.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Connect Moderator

Re: Local Guides Clean The World - Doing My Part

Thank you @Rcostaval for your clear example of what, caring about our place, everyone of us can easily do.

Your post is, in my mind, the real "step zero"'of taking care of the environment. A small step for everyone, that can become a big jump, if everyone of us follow your example.

Thank you @GeorgesHR for merging the post in here

Ermes