JR_Curley's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Local Guides Summit 2017

Strolling the Hollywood Walk of Fame shot with Spectacles!

UnofficialMeetupReview.jpg

Meetup with these awesome Los Angeles Local Guides Sam Knash, @RonQuan and @RobertoJames!

Hello! JR here, Level Five Local Guide! I live in sunny Southern California, and am the Moderator for the Unofficial Los Angeles Local Guides Community! 

It's so exciting to see another Summit happening this year, as the Local Guides program continues to grow in leaps and bounds!

I'd love to attend, last year I met incredible Local Guides from across the globe, and as a person who grew up internationally, it was stunning to meet others and chat about things that we had in common. For example, I had an immediate kinship with @U-royFelixA, having incredible conversations about his home country Nigeria and the time I'd spent there as a child. And I was stunned to speak with Charles from Reunion Island, only to discover we'd both been to Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire! 

It's this sort it magic that can only happen at the Summit, and it's the sharing of stories, cultures and customs that makes us all better travelers and in turn better Local Guides!

I hope to see you all there!

Los Angeles, CA, United States
10 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Local Guides Summit 2017

@JrC wrote:

Hello! JR here, Level Five Local Guide! I live in sunny Southern California, and am the Moderator for the Unofficial Los Angeles Local Guides Community! 

It's so exciting to see another Summit happening this year, as the Local Guides program continues to grow in leaps and bounds!

I'd love to attend, last year I met incredible Local Guides from across the globe, and as a person who grew up internationally, it was stunning to meet others and chat about things that we had in common. For example, I had an immediate kinship with @U-royFelixA, having incredible conversations about his home country Nigeria and the time I'd spent there as a child. And I was stunned to speak with Charles from Reunion Island, only to discover we'd both been to Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire! 

It's this sort it magic that can only happen at the Summit, and it's the sharing of stories, cultures and customs that makes us all better travelers and in turn better Local Guides!

I hope to see you all there!

I really enjoyed watching you and the community managers during the Q & A from last year's Summit! I hope to make it this year to witness it in person - good luck, @JR_Curley!

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 9

@JR_Curley nice post and all the best for the Summit 2017 🙂

Level 8

Thanks @SP31 and @IlankovanT!!! 

Fun fact - my entire submission was done via mobile - video, LGC post and actual submission - while on a boat! It took quite a few taps, windows, and URL copy and pastes to get it taken care of before the deadline!

Level 9

@JR_Curley wow, really it's difficult with mobile. and you made it. also while on the boat it's difficult too 🙂

Level 9

love the specs @JR_Curley!!! Hope to see you again 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 10

Thanks immensely @JR_Curley It was really great for me cause that was my first time to visit the US and you helped answer  all my American questions in out bus ride form Hyatt Regency to Mountain View  😄

Connect Moderator

@JrC wrote:

Fun fact - my entire submission was done via mobile - video, LGC post and actual submission - while on a boat! It took quite a few taps, windows, and URL copy and pastes to get it taken care of before the deadline!

VERY impressive! 

Level 8

@StevePrairie wrote:

@JrC wrote:

VERY impressive! 

Thanks! It was tough, I kept worrying that everything I wrote in the fields would vanish each time I had to flip to a new tab. Thankfully it didn't! I only wish there was a confirmation email that your submission was received. 

It was a fun challenge though! 

Connect Moderator

@JrC wrote:

@StevePrairie wrote:

@JrC wrote:

VERY impressive! 

Thanks! It was tough, I kept worrying that everything I wrote in the fields would vanish each time I had to flip to a new tab. Thankfully it didn't! I only wish there was a confirmation email that your submission was received. 

It was a fun challenge though! 

I'd be on pins and needles as well, haha! I've gotten used to using Google Keep just in case the tabs don't retain the information or happen to crash for some reason or another -  you definitely deserve props for accomplishing ALL of that!