AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

Local Guides Spotlight: Yuta Eno

Caption: A collage of animal photos taken by Local Guide @YutaE including two of dogs, one of a monkey, and one of a cat, as well a a mirror selfie.Caption: A collage of animal photos taken by Local Guide @YutaE including two of dogs, one of a monkey, and one of a cat, as well a a mirror selfie.

Local Guides Spotlight is a Connect series that celebrates members of our community who are making a positive impact. 

Japan-based Local Guide Eno Yuta (@YutaEfirst joined the program in 2015. He was having lunch at his favorite cafe when he decided to take a photo of the menu and share it on Google Maps. He hoped it might help others to know more about the cafe before they got there. “The pictures and reviews on that menu were my first posts,” he told us.  

Since then, Yuta has become a regular contributor often sharing his passion for food, photography, and travel. “I go to places such as restaurants, cafes, leisure facilities, etc., where I have not been before as much as possible to leave pictures and reviews,” he said.

One important way Yuta contributes on Maps is by sharing helpful information at pet stores, cat cafes, and animal clinics. His reviews and photos help other animal lovers know more about these places so they can make informed decisions about where to go.

Caption: A photo of three cats sitting on a hardwood floor while staring directly at the camera at B Club Cat Store in Tsukuba, Japan. (Local Guide Yuta Eno)Caption: A photo of three cats sitting on a hardwood floor while staring directly at the camera at B Club Cat Store in Tsukuba, Japan. (Local Guide Yuta Eno)

I often go to cat cafes, but before I do, I check the reviews [that tell me] whether the atmosphere is good,” Yuta said. “As I usually do not have enough information, I thought that I should post more information. I make sure [to include] the things people want [to know] or what services there are.”

Caption: A photo of nine cats lined up around a round green carpet eating out of their dish bowls at Neko Play!, a cat cafe in Chichibu, Japan. (Local Guide Yuta Eno)Caption: A photo of nine cats lined up around a round green carpet eating out of their dish bowls at Neko Play!, a cat cafe in Chichibu, Japan. (Local Guide Yuta Eno)

He thinks it’s important for people to include information about the rules and the atmosphere. “For example, cat cafes have various rules to protect cats. I do not want to go to a cat cafe where I cannot hug a cat,” Yuta said. “It is also important to take pictures of the whole [place to show] the number of people and the size.”

Caption: A photo of two cats putting their heads together at B Club Cat Store in Tsukuba, Japan. (Local Guide Yuta Eno)Caption: A photo of two cats putting their heads together at B Club Cat Store in Tsukuba, Japan. (Local Guide Yuta Eno)

Yuta has some helpful tips for taking great photos. Firstly, take photos of things you’re passionate about. “With passion, there will be motivation to take nice and wonderful pictures,” he said. If you’re taking photos of animals, it’s helpful to know their ecology. “For example, a cat is sleeping during the day. If you want to take good pictures, you should go in the morning or evening,” he said. The third thing to keep in mind is your technique. “It may be necessary to raise the shutter speed [on your camera] in order to capture animals with rapid movement.”

Have you taken any great photos of animals? Share them and your tips for shooting them in the comments below!

34 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Local Guides Spotlight: Yuta Eno

Excellent post ! @AriMar

Thanks for sharing with us. 

@YutaE your photography is really awesome. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Hello @YutaE nice photography thank you @AriMar sharing with us...

Level 9

Wonderful post @AriMar

Thank you for sharing with us and also thank you @YutaE

Level 9

Thank you so much @AriMar for this nice post!

Lovely photos and cute animals!

It is good idea to add vet clinic,cafe with animals

Level 9

A cat spends the time lying over the soil  at the birthplace of the General Francisco de Paula Santander. ColombiaA cat spends the time lying over the soil at the birthplace of the General Francisco de Paula Santander. Colombia

More and more people looking for places that their pets admit. And I've never before thought about the meaning of this until now. Pets are friends, family members. Therefore, I'll highlight the place that allows pets in my next review on Google Maps. My tip to take a picture of some pet is: If it is adorable, I'll take it

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Level 9

I agree with you @BeatrizAguilar

It is very nice ,that there are some hotel that admit cats and dogs.

Pets -are the members of our family and it is sad ,when they stay alone,when we are travelling.

In Moscow  more and more cafes appear  ,where we can stay with our pets.

Sure,there are many people seach hotel or cafe where the pets admited.We must help them.

Level 9

IMG_20181026_235105_839.jpg

IMG_20181026_234726_180.jpg

Meet my pets-Tiska,Masha,Kuzma.

Level 9

@helga19 Recently, I was in a Mall in Bogotá (Colombia) and I saw a dog inside a little car for pets. So I asked about that and the friend of this puppy mentioned that the shoping center is a pet-friendly place. In fact, in many ocasions I received questions in Google Maps over this theme and I didn't know how to response. Now I know the importance of this.Dog in a pet car. Gran Estación Centro Comercial, Bogotá, ColombiaDog in a pet car. Gran Estación Centro Comercial, Bogotá, Colombia

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Level 8

Oh my god! So much love this in post @AriMar!  Big hugs to @YutaE!

"....I do not want to go to a cat cafe where I cannot hug a cat'' . 

That's so important! I wouldn't go to one either! haha 🙂