cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Local Guides Meetup Made easy

97thn meetup of Bangladesh Local Guides97thn meetup of Bangladesh Local Guides

Hello my Local Guide Friends
Today i try to share with you my little Experience about hosting meetup . 2015 to till now arrange 97 Regular meetup , 2 International Meetup and few camping meetup .
now my all meetup attend 60-121 people . now i share with you how you arrange a meetup successfully

Meetup arrange Process 

Step 1: Plan and and write in a Doc , then share with your close local guides friends ,

Gather there all idea , logistic , venue , food and other activities

Step 2: Select  a Meetup name and create banner , write details plan in doc ,

Step 3: Create Event page in FB and upload all information and invite your friends .

Tell them to registration if you want , give a deadline .

Step 4: If possible make some banner , gif , video based on Meetup topic and promotion in social media and connect .

Step5:  Submit your meetup in Local Guides Meetup Form

Step 6: Approved meetup share with all people for response and click attending

Step 7: Select people From registration and send them mail for confirmation. With that event full details

Step 8: If you collect contribution fee collect that and send them after received that money .

Step 9: One day before meetup again mail them with full plan what are you doing , where and other information . and Photos album link where they share photos

Step 10: collect all image and video , share in social media with hashtag and connect write recap.

Step 11: After complete all step submit your meetup summary in feedback form

*** Attached a mail sample for sending mail to who want to join your hosted meetup 

Mahabub Hasan
7 comments
Level 10

Re: Local Guides Meetup Made easy

@MahabubMunna Thanks for sharing these valuable tips. It will be very good reference for many who are keen in organizing their own meet ups. 

Connect Moderator

Shukriya @MahabubMunna 

These are really very useful tips which you share with us.

And the big thing, you have ability that you can arrange a meetup of more than 120 local guides as you did in your 97th meetup.

Now i m waiting for your 💯 th meetup.  😊🙏

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 8

Thank your brother @MahabubMunna. Now I'm waiting for next meetup. I'm very excited also. 

Joy
Level 8

very good post. Bangladesh Local Guides always flow this step for selected Local Guides  for meetup. 

I love Bangladesh Local Guides. 

Level 9

Wow, thank you so much @MahabubMunna! I love this detail tips. Yes, there are still many of us that find it's hard to arrange a meet-up (also me, sometimes!). Thanks for sharing your thoughts, well written, no wonder why you've successfully made 90+ meet-ups! 

Level 9

Thank you brother @MahabubMunna for your great post, It will help people to organize their own Meetup.

I was planning to join the #97 Meetup, unfortunately I couldn't. I hope I'll catch next time.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @MahabubMunna,

Thank for sharing your tips with us.

I find them really useful and very organized. This is how you organize a great meet-up 🙂

Keep on great posts, meet-ups and have fun as a Local Guide.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!