Sovon's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Local Guides Meet Up Requirements

Hi everyone!

I just arranged an meet up today. But only 2 local guides joined me, though I've invited everyone in my communities and made an event page 2 weeks earlier. So I was a bit curious that is there any requirements for minimum attendees in a meet up event or not?

And also any other requirements for meet ups.

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan
23 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Local Guides Meet Up Requirements

There are no minimum attendees for Local Guides meetup. Think of it as a casual gathering of people with the same interest. I personally would prefer quality over quantity, so as long as I'm having a good time, it's good enough for me. I do understand the challenge of getting people to show up to meetups when there are no incentives/swags though. 

The following article can probably give you some ideas and tips on how to arrange a Local Guide meetup (although it doesn't guarantee success)

https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6225579?hl=en&ref_topic=6214612

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

There are no minimum attendees for Local Guides meetup. Think of it as a casual gathering of people with the same interest. I personally would prefer quality over quantity, so as long as I'm having a good time, it's good enough for me. I do understand the challenge of getting people to show up to meetups when there are no incentives/swags though. 

The following article can probably give you some ideas and tips on how to arrange a Local Guide meetup (although it doesn't guarantee success)

https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6225579?hl=en&ref_topic=6214612

Level 8

Hi @iyudhi

It is really great to know that there is no minimum requirements of attendees for the meet up.

I was so tensed about that. You are right, it is so tough to gather much people.

And thanks for replying. I got my answer 🙂 .

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan
Level 8

I am also arrange this type of meetup. but no result. attend 2-3 person. 

Thanks and Regard
Debanjan Chakrabarti
Connect Moderator

@DebanjanJPG Don't give up! Organizing a meetup is definitely not an easy feat, and can be quite a challenge. Think about why it doesn't work, change things up and see what works. Personally I'm still trying to find out what works best myself.

Level 10

Few tricks help you to arrange a big number people attend . if i tell you my personal experiance  Our community "Bangladesh Local guides" always 30+ people arrange . are you know how it possible .

1st focus on your friends and colligeates . and tell them you also invite your friends 

2nd. try to arrange educational Institution based program then there hope more people attend

3rd . always try to something new showcase 

Mahabub Hasan
Connect Moderator

Hola @Sovon, este es un tema que leo y preocupa a varios moderadores, me inclino a pensar que es más como dice @iyudhi, es mejor calidad a cantidad, entiendo que en ocaciones es frustrante ver la poco convocatoria que logras, pero eso no es tan importante como el contenido y lo que discutas en la reunión. Considera que los que asistan, están realmente enfocados e interesados. Lo importante es hacer. 

Ahora te apuesto que si regalas un dólar a todo aquel que asista, verás una gran convocatoria. 

Level 5

Things like this usually start off small and eventually reach a tipping point. One thing is to be consistent. If you only hold meet ups when you feel like it then people will think that it's all too haphazard and unprofessional. If you have a regular meet date then people can plan for it. Ask each of the 2 or 3 people who came to bring one friend next time, that'll double your numbers. Judge your crowd. You may people who would prefer to be walking around, or going somewhere specific that's interesting or just sitting somewhere nice for a drink and a chat.

Don't get too worried too early. The secret really is time and consistency.

Level 8

@GregW Thank you sir. I will follow that.

Level 8

@FaridTDF Thank you for relaying! But I could not understand you as I know English, Hindi and Bengali languages only. It would be Awesome if you translate this message into English.