IanG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Local Guides In Juneau Alaska?

Hello All, 

Just a quick check to see if we have a long list of local guides in Juneau, AK already.  I'm new to it and enjoying.

Juneau, AK, United States
2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Local Guides In Juneau Alaska?

Hello @IanGWelcome to Local Guides and our Connect community forum. We are happy to have you here.I hear Alaska is beautiful. I hope to visit there one day soon 🙂  Be sure to explore the many sections of the site and check out the conversations happening among our Local Guides. 

Tips for getting started:

This section of the site has some good tips on how to use the community and interact with your fellow Local Guides. 

• Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 
  • Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
  • Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post.  
  • Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead. 
  • This area has helpful information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions. 
Level 3

Re: Local Guides In Juneau Alaska?

Yo Ian. Oscar here out of ANC. Freaking love SE especially running in those Juneau mountains.
What inspires you about the local guides program? 

I'm a photographer that stumbled his way into open source movement through GIS and web mapping.
When local guides came on the scene I saw it as a bridge to larger goal of niche based tourism i have.

Saludos
O