HiroyukiTakisawa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Local Guides Family Travel; From a fairy town Ann Arbor, MI to Connect Live 2018

imgt.png

October 2018, I, @Christine_T and my son Len traveled to US for attending some events.

This travel is the first big travel for Len, he was so quiet and good boy. We have enjoyed a good travel better than we thought.

1.Fairy town Ann Arbor, Michigan

There is a fairy tail in Ann Arbor, Michigan. A couple bought an old house. And they broke the wall for reforming it, then they found a tiny door in the wall. They thought it definitely a fairy’s door! After that, some of the shops around there became to have fairy doors in the shop.

We held a Meet-up in Ann Arbor Ann Arbor Friendship Gems 💎 as a part of World Wide Geo Walk Season II 💎 by @OSAMA. We walked around the town and finding some fairy doors. And we could find some fairy doors.

Stay tuned the recap as well!

By the way, we couldn’t see it, but there is a fairy door in Google Ann Arbor Office as well. A unique word is written on the door. Check it out by yourself.

2.Connect Live 2018

From 16th, Connect Live 2018 was held in San Francisco. I became a second timer 🙂 (Unfortunately, Christine was not chosen this time.)

151 local guides from 59 countries gathered there. We listened to the future and dream of Local Guides and discussed each activity. Last year, a Japanese attendee was only me, but this time there were four attendees from Japan. Thank you @HimanshiS @YasumiKikuchi @TsukuruTamaki @Anzu

The first day was the opening ceremony. We introduced each other and enjoyed conversation. Some of them were giving their country’s snacks. How Local Guides are sharing their Connect Live experiences  by @Kiera

From the second day, the conference started. We shared a lot of ideas and demands through many speeches and group discussions.

At night, the evening party was also held. It was a fantastic experience!

The third day’s place was Googleplex. This day was also full of speeches and discussions.

Basically, the contents of speeches are case studies of Google Map and activities of Google all over the world. All of them are so interesting and some of them are awesome ideas for my hometowns as well. This is the best video that I watched at this conference. Kids in India are Learning with Google Earth & Local Guides

And, the final of the festival was the closing party. At the party, some awards were presented. Fortunately, I could receive the Best Squad Photo award! I was surprised by this sudden news!! And Yasumi Kikuchi also got the Most Places Added award.

In the Connect Live 2018, I could see many friends again. It was also a big pleasure as a worldwide event. I wish I see you guys again in San Francisco, and somewhere in the world.

This time, all the attendees received RICOH Theta V from Google as a surprise present! We will be able to become a Street View Trusted Photographer soon.
And I got a lot of gifts from friends as well. Thank you all!

If you are over Lv 5 local guide, you will be able to apply to Connect Live next year easily. For applying, you need to prepare 1-minute profile video, posting your profile to Local Guides Connect, and fill out the application form. You need to write/speak in English for all of them, but it is not necessary to be perfect. Try to tell your contributions and passions.

I’m looking forward to seeing friends and a lot of new local guides as well next year!

Let’s enjoy local guides with your family and friends! It’s an amazing communication tool. Local Guides will have changed your world.

Cheers,
Hiroyuki T

USA
33 comments
Level 10

Re: Local Guides Family Travel; From a fairy town Ann Arbor, MI to Connect Live 2018

@HiroyukiTakisawa Thank you for introducing Michigan's mysterious door culture, and congratulations on the award!
What did you think of LIVE 2018 that is said to have greatly changed from last year when you participated more than once?

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

Connect Moderator

Re: Local Guides Family Travel; From a fairy town Ann Arbor, MI to Connect Live 2018

簡易版日本語訳は以下の通りです。

Local Guides家族旅行; 妖精の町アナーバーからLocal Guides Connect 2018へ

2018年10月、私とCTとLenはとあるイベントへ参加するためにアメリカに旅行にでかけました。
この旅行は蓮にとって初めての大きな旅行でしたが、彼は非常におとなしく、私達は思っていた以上に良い旅をすることができました。

1.妖精の町アナーバー
ミシガン州アナーバーにはある昔話があります。あるカップルが家を買い、リフォームするために壁を壊したところ壁の中から小さなドアが現れたのだそうです。彼らはそれが妖精の出入り口に違いない、と考えたのが始まりだそうで、アナーバー周辺の店には妖精の扉(Fairy Door)が設置されている場所があります。
私達はWorld Wide Geo Walk Season IIの一環として、アナーバーでAnn Arbor Friendship Gemsを開催することにして町をめぐり、様々な妖精の扉を探してきました。

ちなみに、私達は見ることができませんでしたがGoogle Ann Arbor Office内にも妖精の扉があるそうです。ちょっとユニークな言葉が書かれていますね。

2.Connect Live 2018
16日からはサンフランシスコでConnect Live 2018が開催されました。私は昨年のSummitに続き2回目の参加となります。(残念ながらCTは参加することができませんでした。)
世界中から151人のローカルガイドが集まり、ローカルガイドの未来と展望について話し合い、交流してきました。昨年は私1人でしたが、今年は日本から4人が参加することになりました。皆様本当におせわになりました、ありがとうございます!

初日はホテルでのオープニングセレモニー。みなさんと顔合わせです。各国からお菓子の持ち込みもありました。
2日目からが本番です。数多くの講演とグループディスカッションを通して、世界中のローカルガイドが何を考え、何を求めているのかを共有してきました。夜にはイブニングパーティーも開催されました。
3日目はGoogleplexでの開催となりました。この日も朝から講演とグループディスカッションです。

講演内容は世界でのGoogle Map活用事例やローカルガイドの活躍事例、現在取り組んでいる活動の紹介などが中心でした。どれも非常に興味深いもので、自分たちの地元でも活用でも見習えたらと思うようなコンテンツがたくさんありました。

そしてまつりの最後はクロージングパーティ。パーティではアワード発表もありました。その中で、私は運良くBest Squad Photo賞を受賞。思いがけない受賞で驚きました。また、同じ日本人からはYasumi KikuchiさんがMost Places Added賞を受賞しました。
今回はGoogleからのサプライズプレゼントとしてRICOH Theta Vが参加者全員に配られました。太っ腹!これで私を含め151人全員がすぐにでもStreet View Trusted Photographerになれますね。

他の参加者の方々からもたくさんのお土産をいただきました。ありがとうございます。

また、今回私は2回目の参加ということで、たくさんの友人と再開することもできました。これもまた世界をまたいだイベントの醍醐味ですね。Connect Moderatorのみなさんをはじめ、たくさんの友人達とまた会えるのを楽しみにしています!もちろんサンフランシスコでも、世界中のどこでもです:-)

Connect LiveはローカルガイドとしてのLevelが5以上あればどなたでも参加を申し込むことができます。必要なのは1分間の自己紹介ビデオ撮影とLocal Guides Connectへのプロフィール投稿、申込みだけ。全て英語で作成する必要はありますが、完璧である必要はありません。自分のしてきた活動や熱意を精一杯伝えるだけでOKです。

次回のチャンスには是非気軽に申し込んでみてください。また来年、みなさんにお会いできるのを楽しみにしています:-)

Connect Moderator

@YasumiKikuchi

Of course, both were awesome experiences! They have good points each other, I cannot compare them. Probably next year's also show us new surprises. I'm looking forward to seeing it again:-)

Level 6

@HiroyukiTakisawa, I really admire the way you describe your trip. Good luck for your further adventures.

Level 10

Great recap @HiroyukiTakisawa! It's great to see how much friends have been re-united in this summit 🙂

I'd love to be really part of this.

Connect Moderator

@Moadh_AYARI Thank you bro!

Connect Moderator

Thank you @LucioV

They are my life treasures 🙂
And we know your great contributions well. I hope to meet you next year!

Connect Moderator

Beautiful recap story @HiroyukiTakisawa

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

Thank you @NareshDarji 🙂