Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: #Local Guides Clean The World - Workshop Get Plastic Jawa Bali

@RiverDefender Sayang banget nggak lewat Kota Batu ya. Tetap semangat, semoga perjalanan lancar jaya.

Level 10

Hehe iya mas @br14n 

Terima kasih

Salam

FJoe

Level 8

Definitely count me in @RiverDefender.Where are you going to do it in Bali? I may not be able to involve for the whole 5 days, but I'll help as much as possible. Let's continue on WA.

Bali Local Guides contribute to give back to the community.
Level 8

Re: #Local Guides Clean The World - Video summing

Bali Local Guides meet up on February 8th also collected rubbish, a month before @ErmesT started it. We're excited to join the force now.Bali Local Guides Feb meet up on a tidal island was including collecting plastics and bottles.Bali Local Guides Feb meet up on a tidal island was including collecting plastics and bottles.

Recycling has been my passion since I moved to Bali on 1992. We separated organics waste from papers, plastics, cans, glasses etc which all separated. I've learned different kind of plastics, which ones are recycled or not.

I've been trying to organise another meet up to visiting a place where the sell handicrafts from unrecycled plastics since last month and as nobody is able to join then finally I went there alone yesterday. It was over 100 km drive.

Bags made from plastics.Bags made from plastics.

In Bali we have what we called Rubbish Bank where people can bring their junks and get paid by weight.

There's also an application to sell recycled rubbish, people can download it then get their junks collected and get paid for it.

Application to sell your junks.Application to sell your junks.

Personally I'm interested to step further, how to do something with junks that can't be recycled locally, such as styrofoam and so many other items. A big dream.

I'm excited to assist @RiverDefender and @Bimobass for their project this weekend.

Let's do it! 

Connect Moderator

@Sandra1961, you made my day.

do you have a link of the meet-up, so for @DavidTito to be able to share it in the  worldwide “Mymaps of plastic pollution”?

We are interested in move some step ahead too. Collecting rubbish is an important, educative step, but no more. We want to educate people about the 3R, to avoid in the future the needs of collecting rubbish in the river, and we want to improve the recycle phase. The conversation is open on the main thread, so feel free to take part of it, or to start a more specific thread.

Ermes

Level 8

Let's Meet Up/Tidal Island Geo Walk was the first one @ErmesT

The second one yesterday I didn't post it in Connect coz there was lack of interest from the other LG. So it was a solo trip.

Talking about our meet up on February, we can't add the island on the map coz it pinned on the sea. Everybody tried it and I've tried many times too. Any suggestion?

Another problem is the recap, till now I'm still not able to submit any recap yet coz I'm not familiar with the Google Photo album. I had a bad experience while joining the World Wide Photo Walk and ending up having thousands of photos loaded in my gallery. I also heard that if I make any mistakes then I will end up sharing all my photos all over the net and that scares me. Need help from an experience person. I did made the albums of each meet up but at the moment I'm not convinced yet to put the link for a recap. I'm approaching 60 by the way, hope it explains.

Connect Moderator

@Sandra1961, according to your username, I am older than you, so don't worry about approaching 60. As my friend @KarenVChin says to me, 60 is the new 40 🙂

Thank you for sharing your first meet-up, @DavidTito will be happy to add it to the maps. So good

Sharing photos: give me time, I will write a tutorial about sharing photos, and about creating an album in Google Photo. For now, I only have a question for you: Are your photos already loaded on Google Photo?

If so, I will give you a simple description for creating and sharing an album like this one. Have a look and tell me if you like it. 

Ermes

Level 10

😁 ... Maafkan saya @Sandra1961

FYI Workshop Get Plastic di Bali baru akan dilakukan pada waktu sekitar 25-30 Juni 2018.

Semoga Mas @Bimobass dapat berkomunikasi dengan Anda.

Saya yakin  masih ada banyak waktu untuk hal ini. 

Salam

FJoe

Level 10

@Sandra1961 😁 ... Maafkan saya

FYI Workshop Get Plastic di Bali baru akan dilakukan pada waktu sekitar 25-30 Juni 2018 seperti yang saya kirimkan via WA Group. 

Semoga Mas @Bimobass dapat berkomunikasi dengan Anda.

Saya yakin  masih ada banyak waktu untuk hal ini. 

Salam

FJoe

Connect Moderator

@Sandra1961, you never need to apologize here, especially one’s age. We are all learning from each other, within our communities, and the world itself. While our bodies may ache with age, our minds stay forever young if we keep wanting to do and learn more, to expand our thinking and our creativity. 

Hence, that is why I tell @ErmesT “60 is the new 40.” With age, you are much wiser, hopefully, more tolerant and wanting to help and share what you know. I would never know you were close to 60 by looking at your gorgeous photo. Plus, living in Bali, automatically makes you look younger. = )

Cheers,

Karen