HelloSamsonR's post
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Level 10

Local Guides Can Help Decide Helpful Photos On Google Maps

IMG_20180114_091454.jpg

Hi Guys, I found this new and interesting option on Google Maps. We can now make helpful decisions regarding how photos might be able to rank on Google Maps. I was Making some contributions earlier on Yesterday and I found this option.

Lagos, Nigeria
31 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Local Guides Can Help Decide Helpful Photos On Google Maps

Great @HelloSamsonR

Wonderful news. I haven't seen it yet, so I am expecting an official communication soon. This is something that I really like. It appears automatically in reviewing a place? 

I can't wait to see this functionality in my phone. 

Thanks for sharing 

Ermes 

Level 10

Thank you @ErmesT. I found it when trying to answer questions of places I visited in the past weeks. The option came when I was answering questions about places. I went to my contributions tab, then answer questions about places visited, then this option came in. It's really a good addition in helping to improve Google Maps.

Level 10

Wow!!! This new feature is very interesting. @HelloSamsonR Do you know when this feature will be available in India. Some more details please

Thanks for sharing

Level 10

@FazeelUsmani Yeah it is. I really don't know when it would be available in India or Worlwide. You would just have to wait for an official announcement from the Local Guides Team or still yet stay glued to Google Maps to see if you can catch up with the updates ;).

Level 10

@HelloSamsonR cool feature.

Just out of curiosity ๐Ÿค”@HelloSamsonR  that photo you posted up in your example 

Is it asking about the same place?

The picture on the left shows a beautiful golden monument 

The one on the right....im not sure but it looks like a gorilla or ape (no disrespect if it is not and it is of some sacred importance)

And those pictures are indicating the same place of interest?

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HelloSamsonR This is good option, I haven't come to it yet, but hope I will. I definitely saw some change when answering questions, but this option didn't come up unfortunately...

Level 10

@DshottDennis wrote:

@HelloSamsonR cool feature.

Just out of curiosity ๐Ÿค”@HelloSamsonR  that photo you posted up in your example 

Is it asking about the same place?

The picture on the left shows a beautiful golden monument 

The one on the right....im not sure but it looks like a gorilla or ape (no disrespect if it is not and it is of some sacred importance)

And those pictures are indicating the same place of interest?

Thank you

Hi @DshottDennis Yes it is the same place. The two pictures are from the same place. The place is an amusement park. No disrespect bro, it is just an artificial man made gorilla used as a tourist attraction in the amusement park :).  The two photos are from the same POI. From what I could tell Google Maps was asking me to point out the actual photo between the two that would be more helpful. More helpful in the sense to me here is like a Photograph showing the proper representation of the place.

Level 9

A very very interesting option @HelloSamsonR.

I haven't seen it yet.  I am going to answer more questions and see if appear to me ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜.

Regards, Alejandra.

Level 10

All the best @AlejandraMaria, I hope you discover it as well :).