AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Local Guide shares her best advice for solo travelers

@YasumiKikuchi, answering your question, "What are the most important tools next to passport and money?"

1. Smart phone & local sim card/wifi. 
  2. A travel card to avoid the hassles of carrying money. 
  3. international adapter to keep your devices charged
  4. Power banks - especially if you are going on a full day trip and don't have access to electricity!

Most importantly a positive and a willing attitude to learn! 🙂  What is the one travel accessory that's an absolute must for you when you travel?

Cheers!

Level 10

Thank you @vvbellur,

I agree with you as well. Google and mobile battery! And will it be friendly and charming to help myself in an unknown place?😁

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

Level 8

@EmekaUlor, thank you so much! You are a very inspiring Local Guide.

Regarding quitting job to travel: The most important thing is to be practical about this. The hard reality is that we need money to travel.  So take a stock of your finances, see what skills you have and if you can generate income from those to sustain yourself. Or if your company allows sabbaticals, take that option. With the rise of social media, there are a lot of options to freelance. One way that I am exploring is to freelance and fund my travels.

Another way is to volunteer and travel - you wont be paid, but your food and accommodation is taken care!

Check out these sites: (A registration fee is involved at the beginning)

Cheers!

Level 8

Connect Moderator

Thank you @AriMar for sharing very inspiring story of A fantastic person and local guide.

The most courageous girl I meet and talked (by hangout sessions) was @vvbellur , because I was amazed and impressed when I know that she is traveling alone to many countries and quit job for traveling.

I still remember when she lost her cell phone and other stuff in some European country, that situation can be terrible for anyone, that time I feel how brave girl she is. She handled the situation very calmly and reach to her hotel. 

I missed to meet many of my favourite local guides including Vandana on connect live 2018, due to visa issue, But I hope may be some day I can meet them. 

Wish you best of luck Vandana Bellur ✌️✌️✌️

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 8

@KashifMisidia, Kashif bhai, thank you so much for your kind words. I really hope we all get to meet one day. Hopefully in some south asia meet up! 🙂

Connect Moderator

Yes I wish it could happen soon .

Thank you for your good wishes @vvbellur

All the best ✌️

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 10

Heartfelt congratulations @vvbellur! You are living the best years of your life following your desires and passions, exploring the world to accumulate experiences that will make you a better person! Keep going Vandana!

Bye,

David

Connect Moderator

Es un gran post @AriMar, la historia de @vvbellur, es impresionante, tuve la fortuna de conocerla en persona, y ver lo gran persona que es, con su solidaridad y calidez humana siempre dispuesta a compartir su conocimiento.

Esta info sirve a mucho viajeros en solitario, gracias por compartir.

3C30E617-2153-4502-91D2-303B6D59CF49.jpeg

Farid.

Level 10

@AriMar Thanks for sharing and it is very interesting. @vvbellur nice story and you will inspire lots of solo women travelers.