Sidheeqi's post
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Level 7

Local Guide benefits

Will we get any valuable benefits for local guiding? if we get fully green badge of masters; master trailblazer, master photographer, master fact finder, master reviewer

Or is there any physical benefits like YouTube play button? ๐Ÿ˜‹Master trailblazerMaster trailblazer

Kerala, India
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Local Guide benefits

@Sidheeqi, Local Guides is a voluntary program for everyone like you and me to share our local knowledge and experiences through Google Maps and related apps and websites. There is no financial reward for this program. Having said that, as part of the program, contributors may

> earn virtual badges, points and levels to know how much we have contributed as motivation

> may get early access to features/apps as part of testing program

> occasional small perks as token of appreciation by Google (you may want to read this post also)

*There isn't a physical "Play Button" like plaque in the program

Most of all, collective contribution from everyone, benefits all users of Google Maps including ourselves. For example, the accuracy of the information of Google Maps was so important during the recent floods in Kerala for search&rescue, locating resources etc. And a lot of the information in Maps are maintained by unsung heroes who are Local Guides over the past many years. (You may want to read this post also)

And as part of the program, we get to meet new friends who are part of the Local Guides community, locally and abroad. That's probably my biggest reward for being part of this program.

Since you are fairly new here, I am attaching some links below you may find useful for reference. Happy contributing and guiding.

> Tips for making the best of LG Connect: LG Connect Tips

> For queries and questions, where possible search through LG Connect: How to search

> Making LG Connect a interactive, conducive place: 5 core values of Connect

> How to share good posts: What are Connect topics? and also What makes a good post?

> Stay motivated and earn badges in LG Connect: LG Connect Badges

> Local Guides meet up resources center: Meet Up Resources

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

@Sidheeqi, Local Guides is a voluntary program for everyone like you and me to share our local knowledge and experiences through Google Maps and related apps and websites. There is no financial reward for this program. Having said that, as part of the program, contributors may

> earn virtual badges, points and levels to know how much we have contributed as motivation

> may get early access to features/apps as part of testing program

> occasional small perks as token of appreciation by Google (you may want to read this post also)

*There isn't a physical "Play Button" like plaque in the program

Most of all, collective contribution from everyone, benefits all users of Google Maps including ourselves. For example, the accuracy of the information of Google Maps was so important during the recent floods in Kerala for search&rescue, locating resources etc. And a lot of the information in Maps are maintained by unsung heroes who are Local Guides over the past many years. (You may want to read this post also)

And as part of the program, we get to meet new friends who are part of the Local Guides community, locally and abroad. That's probably my biggest reward for being part of this program.

Since you are fairly new here, I am attaching some links below you may find useful for reference. Happy contributing and guiding.

> Tips for making the best of LG Connect: LG Connect Tips

> For queries and questions, where possible search through LG Connect: How to search

> Making LG Connect a interactive, conducive place: 5 core values of Connect

> How to share good posts: What are Connect topics? and also What makes a good post?

> Stay motivated and earn badges in LG Connect: LG Connect Badges

> Local Guides meet up resources center: Meet Up Resources

Level 1

O

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Sidheeqi,

Welcome to Connect.

I would like to let you know that I've moved your post to topic section How-tos, feel free to check it.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Nearly level 8, but hey, Google is dropping Huawei...

...and that is just unacceptable!

I love Google services, and have always contributed, however, I also love Huawei devices, and the fact that you make the consumer choose...

...I can only side with the just cause!

#VivaHuawei