Saurabh_Narang's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Local Guide Workshops for Rural India

The idea is to empower the people living in Rural India where internet is accessible but they are still behind the digital curve. The local guide platform can easily solve this problem by conducting educational workshops in such places and pass on the digital technical knowledge. For an example, I have noticed there are so many homestays in villages across India which depend on tour operators for business as they lack simple digital skills like putting their homestay on google maps, put photographs and tell their guests to put a review. They work so hard but end up paying huge commissions to tour operators. These workshops can easily remove such dependency. Similarly, it can empower, taxi drivers to share those hidden locations, locals to share their amazing culture and food recipes, students to learn new things and will help India become digital in the true sense.  Here's a list of benefits:

1. Increase in village tourism

2. Digital empowerment

3. Community building

Googlers - If this interests you then I am happy to work along, brainstorm, and put this up in execution.

Stay Crazy

Saurabh

Stay Crazy
Saurabh Narang
7 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Local Guide Workshops for Rural India

Thank you for sharing your idea, @Saurabh_Narang. I'm going to give it a Local Stories label since it is not connected to the goals of the community globally so it's more suitable for your suggestion.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

@IrrPavlova Thanks for this update. Are these goals avaialble for public to generate ideas in sync?

Stay Crazy
Saurabh Narang
Former Google Contributor

You can See what Local Guides is about and read these Tips: Using Local Guides Connect. You may also want to see The 5 core values of Connect and the Help Desk where you can check many questions answered.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to tag me or any of the other moderators listed in Meet the Google Moderators.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

@Saurabh_Narang, I really liked your idea. I wanted to do something on similar lines. This can be achieved thought local meet-ups I think. If you are in Bangalore, we can do a recce workshop and see how that goes and share our experience!

Cheers!

Level 8

@vvbellur Thanks a lot for showing your interest. Yes we should definately work around Bangalore. I am coming to Bangalore early next year and will ping you. BTW how to put insta link, you tube link?

Stay Crazy
Saurabh Narang
Level 8

@IrrPavlova Thank you for this info and I just went through it and got your point.

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Stay Crazy
Saurabh Narang
Level 8