mehul_dave70's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Local Guide Summit 2018 (LG 2018)

have any one idea about Local Guide Summit 2018 ?

268 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: Local Guide Summit 2018 (LG 2018)

Hi @mehul_dave70. Local Guides Summit 2017 has not yet happened and no details about a 2018 Summit have yet been shared. 🙂

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Level 8

What do for the next LG summit 2018

If you are sad like me, because you are not be selected for LG Summit 2017.
Don't cry, Just do your best for the next LG summit 2018:

- More contributions on the map,
- more activities in your community and more posts, ...

and creativity of the video

Don't forget that you are a volunteer, and you are helping your communities by your contributions.

That is my feeling.

Google Map My Contributions | CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL ATTENDEES !!! | What do for the next LG summit 2018
Level 9

Re: What do for the next LG summit 2018

Yes @iLoveGoogl

You are right and best suited to those who are not being selected this year. 

@SuperM wrote:

If you are sad like me, because you are not be selected for LG Summit 2017.
Don't cry, Just do your best for the next LG summit 2018:

- More contributions on the map,
- more activities in your community and more posts, ...

Don't forget that you are a volunteer, and you are helping your community by your contributions.

That is my feeling.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7

Re: What do for the next LG summit 2018

Very true @iLoveGoogl!

Don't give up hope, just take a breather and get back to having fun researching, taking pictures and sharing your opinions and experiences. There are so many rewards in what we are doing. 

2018 will also be here quicker then we think. 🙂

Level 8

How to get invited to the Local Guides Summit 2018?

I am very much interested to know how to get invitation for the LG Summits in future.

Hope you all share your ideas & knowledge ☺

Connect Moderator

Re: How to get invited to the Local Guides Summit 2018?

@AkashAgarwal25 

First of all, there's no confirmation that there will be a Summit 2018. Yes, there was one (the first one) last year, and there's going to be another one this year. But until we get official confirmation, let's assume it's just a possibility that there will be another one next year.

As for how to get invited, that will be a bit trickier question. There are 150 spots available this year, and there were thousands of Local Guides applying. You can be a well rounded Local Guides in terms of contributions and social activities, and can still not get selected. Right now the only hard rule to be eligible is to be level 5 Local Guides, and be 21 years old before the start of the Summit. Everything else is up to you.

But we can take a look at the official application page

What is your selection criteria?

Applications will be open only to Local Guides Level 5 during the application period.

Applicants will be selected based on a number of factors including, but not limited to:

• The submission of a complete application with the following requirements:

• Each Local Guide must submit a 1-minute video message, appearing on camera to share reasons for applying

• Each Local Guide must submit a post on Local Guides Connect with an introductory message and more insights into his or her experience with the program

• We’ll also be looking for:

• High quality, well-rounded and consistent contributions to Google Maps in the past 12 months

• Consistent involvement with the Local Guides community such as being a supported community moderator, Connect moderator, meet-up host and active Connect contributor

• The ability to understand and speak English

I think that should give you an idea of how to plan your activities for the next year or so. Please keep in mind don't just do activities just for the sake of into getting the Summit. The team can see that through you easily. The team is generally looking for someone genuine. Someone that's truly passionate about helping people within the Local Guides program.

All the best for your application for the next Summit!

Level 8

Re: How to get invited to the Local Guides Summit 2018?

I'm truly passoniate about contributing to google maps . But I can't able to understand how can I help more peoples in google local guides programme. In which ways I can help more more peoples and give my utmost dedication to Google Maps.

If you please let me know in brief , I'll be helpful.

I'm contributing too much on google maps review,photos,edits and all.

But can't able to understand the local guides connect programme because so many posts are hapazardly posted everywhere.

I'm looking for local guides connect APP. Because its difficult in web mode I feel. App will be more easier & comfortable.

Thank You

Level 8

Local Guide Summit 2018 - What's gonna happen now?

Does anybody have any idea how will they select local guides for the LG summit 2018. Has they released any thread about it? 

Level 10

Re: Local Guide Summit 2018 - What's gonna happen now?

Dear @PrijunK there are no announcements for now regarding Summit 2018, Summit17 is yet to be held, so just stay tuned and keep alert for future announcements.

Level 8

Local Guide Summit 2018 (LG 2018)

have any one idea about Local Guide Summit 2018 ?

if yes, then share with us.

what is the procedure and all other things..

@MariaBi @PrijunK @HelloSamsonR

Anjanesh10