jordanarachel_'s post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Unable to redeem free Perks

On Nov 8th, I received an email that I had won a pair of free Local Guides socks. I entered the code, went through the entire redemption process, but the website crashed before processing my order (I did not receive a confirmation email that the order was placed). I've tried multiple times to redeem, but now the site says it does not recognize my code. I quadruple-checked my code, I copied and pasted it in, I manually typed it in, I closed the browser and tried again, I tried it on a different computer, nothing is working. There's no contact info on the email to report a problem either, so here I am, hoping someone can help me out.

email.png

Level 10

Re: Unable to redeem free Perks

@Atsukot Can you or someone help @cohenpg and @mona5181 on this. Thanks

Merged your post into this post.

Former Google Contributor

Thank you @StephenAbraham for flagging.

Hi @cohenpg and @mona5181, thank you for asking about the special edition perk for Local Guides.

I understand that you've already tried but, please double check that you’ve entered the correct code. The code is case sensitive and uses uppercase letters. Make sure there are no spaces before or after your code.

If you are still having trouble redeeming the offer, let us know.

Thank you.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 5

Still am stuck with submit procedure. Couldn't able finish adding address. Eagerly waiting 

Level 5

Re: LG Socks?

Got the same mail

Level 5

Hi @MashaPS, yes I have double checked the code, it is correct. I even copied and pasted it directly into the entry box and triple checked for spaces before and after. My code worked once before, but not anymore.

Level 7

Read back in this thread, @MashaPS, and you'll see many others with the same issue, myself included.  I even copy/pasted the code, then deleted and readded the first and last characters to *ensure* that there were no spaces before and/or after the string.  Still failed.

Level 7

@MashaPS That's what exactly happened to me. Till now unable to redeem. What should we do?

Level 6

Re: Local Guide Perks CODE NOT WORKING

I cannot understand why there are so many people who have similar issues. Why are so many moderators assuming we cannot b read or follow simple instructions.  It is very evident that many people are frustrated that the issues continue and yet not one is addressing how we are going to get to claim the offer.   In all its infinite wisdom...Google wants us to promote business which helps Google... How can this not reflect poorly on an organization?  Why do we even have to request to receive what is supposed to be a thank you reward?

Google Moderator

Re: LG Socks?

Hello @YK1001,

Yes, this is a real perks that we offer for this special edition perk was sent to a limited number of Local Guides who regularly make high-quality contributions to Google Maps.

How to redeem?

• Click Redeem now in your email invitation
  • Follow the instructions on the website
  • Enter your shipping information and submit!

If you are having trouble redeeming, please double check that you’ve entered the correct code. The code is case sensitive and uses uppercase letters. Make sure there are no spaces before or after your code.

Just be sure to redeem it before 26th November 2018. Enjoy! 

I will change your topic label to the how-tos topic. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!