manhattan123's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Local Guide Level and past contributions have went missing

Hi all,

My Local Guide Level (7) and past contributions (photos and reviews) have went missing on my Android phone. (I think it just happened today because I saw them yesterday). They are still showing up in the usual place on the desktop version of Google Maps, they're just missing on my phone. (And it's the same issue on two different phones. I checked to make sure it wasn't an issue with my specific phone). I am logged in to my Google account, I can see my photo and name as always, but the level number is gone, and in the menu I no longer have the "Your Contributions" tab.

Has anyone else had this happen? Any idea on how to get them back?

Thanks for advice or help.

Cheers.

New York, NY, USA
10 comments
Level 8

Re: Local Guide Level and past contributions have went missing

@manhattan123

Make sure you are using the least version of google maps 

Level 8

Yes, I'm on the latest version, and haven't changed any settings.

Level 8

@manhattan123

According to previous post you can try this steps

1) From desktop site change google account password

2) Clear app data and cache

3) Wait to get notification to sign in with new password

4) Sign in with new password and boom.. Everything works fine now..

Please have a look at this article

👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/Cant-see-my-contributions-on-the...

Level 8

Hi ayann,

Thanks for the suggestions. So I tried those tips, reset my Google password on the desktop, then cleared the app data and cache on the phone. Then signed in with the new password, but, sadly, no change and I still don't see my level or reviews/photo contributions.

I'll wait and see what happens. Who knows, it may all return tomorrow for no reason or explanation just as it suddenly disappeared today for no reason.

Thanks again for the help.

Level 8

@manhattan123

Then i am unable  to find any reason for this wait for some days i hope any moderator will help you soon 

Level 10

Hi @manhattan123
Please uninstall and install again this app in your phone.

Level 8

Hi Rezgar,

I'm on the road today for work, so I'm hesitant to do that while I'm traveling, but I will do it when I get home.

Just a note though, I did try deleting the data and cache for the app yesterday, as per another tip, would that not do the same thing?

Former Google Contributor

Hello @manhattan123,

We will need to make a research on this and I will get back to you.

In the meantime, please share what kind of phone you are using. If Android, what version? If iOS what version? Please let us know what is the current version of Google Maps you are using.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

Hi Georges,

It's a Moto X Pure on Android 7, Google Maps v 9.72.1.

And just to reiterate, Google Maps on my desktop is fine, nothing changed. It's only on the Android App, my name and picture are still there as always, but the Level number and the "Your Contributions" tab have gone.

This happened yesterday, as they were there as normal two days ago.