ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Local Guide Contest: a logo for a new project

UPDATE: The project is now online: Local Guides clean the world - A Local Guides project

Hi Local guides

This is a quite unusual post for me, this time I am not sharing photos, nor stories.
I will do it, of course, and very soon, I am still working on it, on my nights. So, what is this post about?
I am working on a new WorldWide project, a challenge for everyone of us.

Do you love environment and the beauty of the nature?

At the moment I cannot give you too many details, because I don’t want to influence you, for this reason I am only giving a general indication.

• We will talk about environment and plastic pollution
  • We will have a lot of meetups
  • We will probably visits schools
  • We will use Mymaps
  • and of course We will share a lot of photos and videos

Do you want to help me?

I am looking for a logo, something that can identify the project and us, something that we can use for our meetups, a symbol to be used for this specific activity only

Something produced by us, a Local Guides logo designed by Local Guides for Local Guides

Do you want to be part of this challenge? read here below

What is the logo for:
The logo will be used in every event, meetup, photowalk, or other, to identify in a clear way the event, together with the official hashtag: #LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld

Legal rights:

We don't have to use any existing Local Guides and/or Google's logo

Anyone submitting the Logo must own the rights to any images/vectors used when creating it.

Submitting a logo will automatic give to the Local Guides the right of using it for this specific series of events. The logo will be signed by the author as: “designed by ……”

As the logo will be used by Local guides and shared in social media, we must avoid any legal issue about Copyright

Let’s say that the Idea is to use only our own images/vectors (photos, drawing) to develop the Logo. Of course, we can share it between Local Guides, by posting it in here and declaring that we are sharing it

Do you want to try? do you want to be part of this project?

Share this post in the Local Community, and in your Local Guide Page in all Social Media.

Let’s talk a bit about timing. We do not have too much time, because The Logo is only the preliminary step.

The project will start in any case, also without a Logo, but of course it will be nice to have it

Where can we submit the logo?

you can post your logo in here, replying to this post, and uploading a copy in the shared album: LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld - Logos

How much time do we have?

This contest will end on Sunday, March 18 at 24:00 PT

When is the new logo chosen?

We will choose the new logo, from March 19 to 24

How is the logo choose?

The selection will be in two steps:

• Step one: On March 19 - 20, the Connect Moderators will shortlist 5 logos.
  • The shortlisted logos will be submitted to the community on March 21 until March 24, at 24 PT. The logo receiving more kudos will be the winner.

Who can vote?

Only Local Guides registered in Connect before March 3, 2018 can vote. This is to avoid issues that we already experienced with similar contests.

Here below, for giving you some idea, a few photos that I took this year:

Caption: a plastic toy "dead" on the beach - Local Guide @ermestCaption: a plastic toy "dead" on the beach - Local Guide @ermest

DSC04936_.jpg

DSC04783e.jpg

Caption: A patch of colorful plastic caps covers the beach on the morning of January 1st 2018Caption: A patch of colorful plastic caps covers the beach on the morning of January 1st 2018

Waiting for your feedback - The post for voting is here

Ermes

Update: read LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld - Step 1 - Education

Treviso, TV, Italia
273 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Local Guide Contest: a logo for a new project

Local Guides, your attention please

with this reply I am closing the submission phase

No more Logos will be accepted below this point

I want to thank you again for the energy putted in the contest, and for the beautiful logos provided by all of you

What happens now?

• Step one: On March 19 - 20, the Connect Moderators will shortlist 5 logos.
  • The shortlisted logos will be submitted to the community on March 21 until March 24, at 24 PT

Who can vote?

Only Local Guides registered in Connect before March 3, 2018 can vote. This is to avoid issues that we already experienced with similar contests.

Voting Post is Open Now. 

Stay tuned for more informations

Ermes

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Gran iniciativa @ErmesT, creo que serán varios lo que mostrarán sus imágenes, me recuerdas a una iniciativa patrocinada por la empresa donde estoy sobre la limpieza y concientizacion en las escuelas, voy a buscar esa info y la compartiré con ustedes. 

Saludos Farid

🤚👇

For the case that has difficulty, in reading my answer, in the upper right part of the screen, in the drop-down menu of languages, you can select the language, in which you want to read the post.

Level 9

Hi @ErmesT,

A very nice incredible proyect. I am totally agree that we are messing up our world with trash.

I like, when I have travelled some countries,  and see how concienciated their society is. They do not throw garbage on the ground, they recycle and they have a group conscience of the importance of collective involvement.

I love the proposal of raising awareness and trying to achieve a cleaner and better planet for ourselves and future generations.

It´s a great idea to have an specific logo for meet-ups.

Let´s Clean the World.

Good Night from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Level 10

Hi @ErmesT, this project will for sure be great. I can feel all the enthusiasm that's around it. I don't have much experience with graphic design but of course I would love to participate in the contest so I'll try to design a logo and post it here as soon as I can. As always, thank you very much for contributing to this amazing community, together we can achieve many things!

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 9

Thank you @ErmesT

As always this time again you have brought another incredible idea of green planet and about the environmental issues we are facing.

Won't take long just to drop in & say I'm in 🙂

Connect Moderator

Thanks @FaridTDF@AlejandraMaria@Haseeb@ValeriaA_ for reaching me so quickly.

A am sure we will have a lot of fun, I am working all my nights on it, and there is a lot to do.

I need a few more week for making it public, but we need this time for caring all the details.

Welcome on board, feel free to share this post everywhere

Ermes

Connect Moderator

This is awesome idea @ErmesT.

Greener environment great future.

I'm in for this.. lets do this together..

Check this out @SanyaOdare @bassey @HelloSamsonR

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 9

What a brilliant idea @ErmesT , of course am in , 🎉🎁🎉🎁🎉🎁

I like that the highest KUDO logo is the winner 😁😀😁😀😁

Connect Moderator

It's really great idea @ErmesT

I will try to make a logo 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator