cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

#Local Guide Clean The World - Waste in Serbia

This is probably the part of Local Guides Clean The World / WORST PRACTICES

Waste disposal in Serbia is a particularly painful topic and requires serious attention!!!

Here are some of the statistics:

Waste in SerbiaWaste in Serbia

The situation is really alarming and the government takes the urgent steps to solve the problem and move it from the dead point,

because in fact we only throw garbage, there is virtually no worth mentioning recycling!!!

Garbage truckGarbage truck

I'll give an example from the city where I currently live, Subotica, and a similar situation is with other cities.

Here it is especially devastating that the landfill is so close to the city

Subotica city in SerbiaSubotica city in Serbia

Landfill in the middle of a meadow near the cityLandfill in the middle of a meadow near the city

But there is some progress, the city has made a project to build a facility in which waste will be processed

The future look of the landfillThe future look of the landfill

Thank you for your time to get acquainted with the waste situation in Serbia!

@DavidTito here is the link to location

Her is the link to photo album

Thanks

Serbia
8 comments
Level 10

Re: #Local Guide Clean The World - Waste in Serbia

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for sharing.

I am happy that the Serbian government has taken actions to improve the situation.

As we can see, we can all improve our waste management. There are so many possibilites. The small streams make the big rivers.

Let's clean the world !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great words  @Julien44 

Thank you for joining.

When people's consciousness wakes up, then the action begins, then we are on the right track!!!

Level 10

@Anonymous 

That is the thing people have to open their mind and their eyes in order to wake up.

Have a nice week end @Anonymous

See you

Jul

Anonymous
Not applicable

You too @Julien44 🙂

Level 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much @DavidTito ☺️

Level 10

@Anonymous 

congratulations on your album and information on what is happening in Serbia, I in my tour without route with Street View I have already reached several places in the world by publishing screenshots of what 'so far I could see, the fact is that the problem starts from the beginning before there are technologically designed power stations to recycle in a healthy way for the environment ...
in the various places where I could see the fault of the man who does not want to self-educate if not educated to respect his environment and the one in general in which he lives ... small or big waste is everywhere ... even in Italy even in the city that no one could ever imagine ... 

the thread I opened is called:  images of degraded environments in the world 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/images-of-degraded-environments-in-the-world/td-p/726015

best regards 

Gio' 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for your nice words @Gio51x, and u are completely right about everything. First stop need to be at every individual who needs to change the way of thinking. Thanks for the reminder of that.

Your post is excellent!