RyanKristal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Local Guide Account suspended?

I had signed up for a local guide account a few years ago and i thought it was still active. 

My phone/map has been suggesting lately that I sign up, thinking I must have accidentally left the program or something I tried to sign up again but it doesn't allow me, it just brings me right back to the blank sign up page. After some digging on this site, and trying to submit my own message here- it appears that my account is likely suspended?

MESSAGE: "You cannot access Local Guides Connect as your Local Guides account has been suspended."

I am now logged into my family email account so that I am able to send this message and hopefully come to a resolve. I am not sure how or why a violation would have occurred or if there was a glitch in my account being removed. Any insight and or fix would be wonderful. 🙂 

Thank you!!

3 comments
Level 9

Re: Local Guide Account suspended?

Hi @RyanKristal

Sorry to hear this. Firstly, joining Local Guides again with a second account to post this is a violation of the Terms & Conditions of the program. Please exit the program on this account.
Review this post, it talks about why you may have been suspended. If you feel you should not be suspended, then please follow the directions and reach out to the team as recommended in the post. Note that the post is available publicly so you do not need to join on another account.

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 1

Thanks for the response @Shirley.

There is no option to post on the Facebook wall as the attached post mentions should be done if you feel you have been wrongfully removed. I also do not have a Twitter account.

I sent a PM off to the Facebook page though and received an auto-response telling me that the inbox is not monitored and to send an email to local-guides(at)google(dot)com for troubleshooting purposes. I did as requested and sent an email to that address, however, I received an auto-response reply from that as well.....I am at a loss as to where to go next which is why I am here in the first place under my family account, this is NOT a google account created for this purpose nor was it created maliciously or to violate terms and conditions. However, as soon as I can get some sort of resolution or an explanation or at least someone in contact with me under my personal account I will leave the local guides program straight away as requested.

Thank you.

Level 9

@RyanKristal: Can you clarify what you mean by not being able to post on their wall on Facebook?

This is the image that I see and it looks like I can write on the page and can post in the red box there on the wall. 

fb-lg.png

But since you have already emailed them, you have already initiated the process for them to look into what is going on. Note that the Local Guides team is working hard on many requests and it will take them some time to evaluate the situation and respond to your query. By utilizing another account, it will add to what they need to consider and may delay the process for them to review your original account, which is another reason to only have one Local Guides account. Please be patient as they look at what is going on and if you didn't violate any Terms & Conditions of the program, you should be reinstated with some time. 

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!