ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Live at Connect Live '18 - Connect Moderators Spread Holiday Cheer from Around the World

Wonderful post @ErmesT

Thank you for sharing with us.

Former Google Contributor

Re: Live at Connect Live '18 - Connect Moderators Spread Holiday Cheer from Around the World

This idea mixed the romantic feeling that only a postcard can give you, with the potentiality that technology offers us nowadays. Thank you for sharing this with us @ErmesT and most of all thank you all guys for making Connect such a great place to share your knowledge and experience. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Thank you @Sorbe

This is for all you guys, that work everyday to make Connect the house of Local Guides.

The base of the video is made with Google earth, using the tour function, so the technology is there, but the tour was real.

Connect Live '18 was great, over and over every expectations, will more than 100 Googlers (may I say 100 friends?) working with us. So now, as I cannot tag 106 of you, I just say thanks

Connect Moderator

I also want to thank the Googlers that wasn't on Connect Live, keeping the community available for every local guide.

We missed you guys, @BruceDM, @Atsukot, @DeniGu, just to mention some, hoping you want to extend our friendship to all the team

Connect Moderator

Absolutely loved the idea @ErmesT and it is staggering to hear how far it travelled. The Local Guides team is so deserving. 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Connect Moderator

Fantastic post and great video @ErmesT .. thanks for share.,,😊

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 9

Thank you so much for outstanding post and  excellent video @ErmesT

It is good idea to sent postcard.

Connect Live in San Francisco  is a great event for Google Local guides from all over the world. This event was fantastic!

Thanks for sharing wonderful photos from San Francisco!

Level 9

i love this kind of ideas @ErmesT 😄

Google Moderator

This is such a fantastic and heart-warming idea! A big thank you to @IlankovanT who started this chain of positive thoughts and feelings.

Thank you so much, @ErmesT, for sharing the story and adventures of the postcard around the world! Even though is much easier to send a virtual greetings card or a Christmas sticker nowadays, the happiness of receiving a physical postcard is unparalleled. (I personally send out a dozen of these every year!)

Even though we weren't at Connect Live, we still enjoyed a big part of it through posts here on Connect and on social media. Looking forward to any more impressions and experiences you'd like to share!:)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Thank you @helga19, @OSAMA, @KashifMisidia, @SP31

Well, it was funny to imagine it, and it was beautiful to make it.

I believe that no one of is was imagining this, and when we saw the video we was the first to be surprised. You are right @DeniGu, this is why we have Meet-ups, and we like to meet physically other local guides.

It is quite strange for me to read your reply, whyle I am going to sleep, after a day spent walking around, for testing my new 360 camera in front of the Pacific Ocean.Muir beach in a day of mid October, a 360 selfieMuir beach in a day of mid October, a 360 selfie

I mean, it is Sunday night in here. I am used to read you from Monday to Friday, so your reply is for me a brabeauti "good night"

Ermes