PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Little things matter in your local world - making a business owner very happy

Meat SelectionMeat SelectionToday we went to the butcher, seems like an innocuous thing right? Well, turns out it wasn't the business we were used to. That one had gone and a new one opened in its place in the same building Australian Butchers Store. We wandered around the store and I popped out the Theta V and one of the people came over to see what I was doing. I explained I was going to add the store to Maps since it wasn't there and she immediately grabbed the boss and came back.

We chatted for a while and they were both ecstatic because they were upset that their business wasn't on Maps and they didn't know how to put it there. When people searched for the address they either found one of the other stores or the old business that used to be there. I explained it was easy to do and talked about Local Guides and why I do it and then showed them how easy it was to put the place on the Map. I warned them it could take hours, days or even get not applied but to my surprise I hit the button and up popped a new gmail... approved. Awesome. I showed them the entry and warned them that they wouldn't be able to see it for about 24 hours. Since then it has appeared publicly and I've been able to add the Street View inside images and a review.

Such a small simple thing (I've added hundreds of places) for me - made such a big thing for them and it renewed my excitement in Local Guides because little things really do matter to the businesses and people around us.

Berwick VIC, Australia
8 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Little things matter in your local world - making a business owner very happy

Hey @PaulPavlinovich,

Sounds fantastic, thanks for sharing this with us! I'm sure this will inspire fellow Local Guides to do the same and make a change.

It's the simple things in life that make a difference!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Re: Little things matter in your local world - making a business owner very happy

Perfect post @PaulPavlinovich

to answer to the question that several Local Guides have: Approaching a small business, showing them how the aspect of the business can be improved, in a easy and free way, with the help of the Local guides.

An example to follow. Well done

Connect Moderator

Indeed @ErmesT @AlexaAC - simple things 

Hello @PaulPavlinovich,

This was a real "feel-good" story for me to read. Helping others is what drives us to keep doing what we do. 

If anyone ever asks me why they should become a Local Guide, i might just show them this post.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

You're welcome @MortenSI it can be a hard thing to talk to business owners for a Local Guide, but really they're just people like we are.

Indeed @PaulPavlinovich, and some of them need help putting their business on the map.

It's a good thing we have dedicated Local Guides around.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Es fantástica tu historia, me encanto @PaulPavlinovich, esto es lo que realmente justifica la sola existencia de Local Guides, que en una pequeña acción generó un cambio radical para ese negocio, ahora tiene presencia a nivel digital y más adelante esto se devengará en beneficios económicos, es un intangible que con pocas acciones se transforma en una poderosa herramienta de cambio, gracias por compartir 

saludos Farid

Connect Moderator

Gracias, @FaridTDF, de hecho, es genial impactar la vida de los propietarios de pequeñas empresas de una manera positiva.