kmajewski's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

List challenge: tell people about accessible places in your city

Caption: A wheelchair-accessible stone ramp leading to the entrance of an outdoor restaurantCaption: A wheelchair-accessible stone ramp leading to the entrance of an outdoor restaurant

Last September, we challenged Local Guides to add accessibility info on Google Maps. You responded in a huge way, sharing more than 51 million answers to help people with wheelchairs, families with strollers, and anyone else with mobility needs get around their cities.

Now we have a new challenge for you: use your local knowledge to create lists of the accessible places in your city.

Want some inspiration? Here are some examples of lists that could help lots of people get around:

7 Wheelchair-Accessible Music Venues in New York

10 Accessible Restaurants in Mumbai

Wheelchair-Accessible Beaches near L.A.

Museums in Berlin for the Sight-Impaired

Accessible Tourist Attractions in Madrid

If you have an Android phone, you can add comments to each location (here's how). You could use this space to say whether each places has features like wheelchair-accessible parking, seating, or restrooms.

Be sure to add #LocalGuides in the description of your list, and leave the link below so we can find it. Then, make sure to follow us on Google+, Facebook, and Twitter — we might share your list!

Need help making your list? Visit our last list challenge post for step-by-step instructions.

38 comments
Level 10

Re: List challenge: tell people about accessible places in your city

@kmajewski Thanks a lot for again share a informative post . hope happy to you know that after back to summit for my personal task meet with Bangladesh Road and transport authority . and show them Local guides video . Recently Dhaka city 3-4 road make Wheelchair friendly and that road all shop can access to go inside . share picture soon . it's now running a pilot project 

also list  Meeting With R & H authorityMeeting With R & H authority

Mahabub Hasan
Level 9

one of my favorite topics @kmajewski :)))

thank you very much , i remember last year when @TraciC started a11y campaign , i am proudly participate :))) 

Level 9

P.S: @kmajewski

miss Challenger 🙂

Level 7

Hi @kmajewski Thanks for sharing this kind of challenge. I'm super excited about it. Can't wait to start creating list of accessible places on map. With this more accessible options will be available to select from, and people can easily make decisions in the moment of unknown.

Level 8

This is a very good initiative. #BangladeshLocalGuides 

Level 10

@kmajewski Yes! I can do it my city, When currently available accessible places. Thanks a Lot!

Best Regards

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Level 6

Hola @kmajewski

Reto anotado y aceptado

Gracias por lo información, 

Atentamente

MattL

kmajewski ha escrito:

Caption: A wheelchair-accessible stone ramp leading to the entrance of an outdoor restaurantCaption: A wheelchair-accessible stone ramp leading to the entrance of an outdoor restaurant

Last September, we challenged Local Guides to add accessibility info on Google Maps. You responded in a huge way, sharing more than 51 million answers to help people with wheelchairs, families with strollers, and anyone else with mobility needs get around their cities.

Now we have a new challenge for you: use your local knowledge to create lists of the accessible places in your city.

Want some inspiration? Here are some examples of lists that could help lots of people get around:

7 Wheelchair-Accessible Music Venues in New York

10 Accessible Restaurants in Mumbai

Wheelchair-Accessible Beaches near L.A.

Museums in Berlin for the Sight-Impaired

Accessible Tourist Attractions in Madrid

If you have an Android phone, you can add comments to each location (here's how). You could use this space to say whether each places has features like wheelchair-accessible parking, seating, or restrooms.

Be sure to add #LocalGuides in the description of your list, and leave the link below so we can find it. Then, make sure to follow us on Google+, Facebook, and Twitter — we might share your list!

Need help making your list? Visit our last list challenge post for step-by-step instructions.

Level 8

Hi @kmajewski @MattL @OmarBD @ShamonAlex @Charleybaits and all LG's

This is a really beautiful project. This is a project that must be completed.
Congratulations. I start helping you by reading the tips you have here and here.

G+ | My Contributions One day, somewhere to meet.
Level 7

Great