kmajewski's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

List challenge: share your city’s museums and cultural landmarks

A photo by Local Guide Isabel Talamas of a colorful installation in Lehmann Maupin, an art gallery in New York CityA photo by Local Guide Isabel Talamas of a colorful installation in Lehmann Maupin, an art gallery in New York CityWelcome to week three of our list challenge! Over the past couple of weeks we’ve been sharing tips on how to make great lists on Google Maps, and challenging Local Guides to make themed lists to help others explore their cities.

Last week, we asked about your favorite shopping spree routes, and the week before was all about favorite restaurants. Now, we’re challenging you to share your favorite spots for art and culture in your city.

Here’s how to participate: Create a list that tells people about your favorite museums, art galleries, and cultural landmarks in your city. Use our tips below to create your list, tag #LocalGuides in the description, set your list’s sharing options to Public, and then add a link to your list in the comments here.

Make sure you follow Local Guides on Google+, Facebook, and Twitter, where we’ll be sharing some of our favorite lists!

Tips:

1. Start with a theme. Your list can focus on one category, like local museums or galleries, or include a variety of cultural institutions in one city or neighborhood.
  1. Next, give your list a title and description. Your list’s name should clearly tell people what types of places they can expect to see on the list, like 8 Favorite Art Museums in New York City or Must-See Monuments in New Delhi.

Descriptions should briefly explain who might find the list helpful. For example: There are many historical landmarks in New Delhi, but if you’re visiting for the first time, these are the ones you shouldn’t miss. Make sure to include #LocalGuides in your description so we can find your list!

1. If you have an Android phone, you can add comments to each location on your list (here’s how!) to make it even more helpful. Use this space to share info about ticketing, favorite exhibitions, and your own local knowledge about each spot.
17 comments
Level 10

Re: List challenge: share your city’s museums and cultural landmarks

thanks a lot @kmajewski for invite us and give opportunity share our cultural  landmark . now i give few photos and list link List

Lalbag Fort Lalbag fort wiki

Lalbag FortLalbag Fort

Ahsan Manzil Ahsan Manzil Wiki

27501045_2147214605292353_5292524344832219261_o.jpg

Tara mosque

IMG_4938.JPG

Panam City  27709532_2152054378141709_3509755519694887288_o.jpg

Mahabub Hasan
Level 10

Hello,  @kmajewski

Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Follow me here.....
Connect Moderator

Hi !! @kmajewski this is a another nice topic !! I will definitely make a list in a few days !! Here i have posted some photography of Shilpakala Academy's Photos which is the center of the Bangladesh cultural program...

Untitled-2 copy.JPG

20171013_170143.jpg  

Level 10

@MahabubMunna Great brother.

It's very nice.

thanks a lot @kmajewski for invite us and give opportunity share our cultural  landmark . now i give few photos and list link List

Lalbag Fort Lalbag fort wiki

Lalbag FortLalbag Fort

Ahsan Manzil Ahsan Manzil Wiki

27501045_2147214605292353_5292524344832219261_o.jpg

Tara mosque

IMG_4938.JPG

Follow me here.....
Level 10

@ShafiulB brother.

It has been very beautiful.

Follow me here.....
Connect Moderator

@Meraj wrote:

@ShafiulB brother.

It has been very beautiful.

@Meraj Thanks for your comment ! i am glad that you like it ...

Happy Guiding !!!

Level 10

Aparecida SP  - BrazilAparecida SP - Brazil

Aparecida SP  - BrazilAparecida SP - Brazil

Tunisia Local Guides
Connect Moderator

Thanks for the announcement @kmajewski

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Thanks @kmajewski for sharing this nice topic and I would like to share 5 Favorite Museums in Dhaka City.  

Bangladesh National Museum

Bangladesh National MuseumBangladesh National Museum
Liberation War Museum

Liberation War Museum 01Liberation War Museum 01Liberation War Museum 02Liberation War Museum 02

Currency Museum

Currency Museum 01Currency Museum 01Currency Museum 02Currency Museum 02

Postal Museum

Postal Museum 01Postal Museum 01Postal Museum 02Postal Museum 02

Museum of Independence

Museum of IndependenceMuseum of Independence

Here is the list: 5 Favorite Museums in Dhaka City

Do you like this list ?  @kmajewski 

Also waiting for your opinion

@ErmesT @ShafiulB @PavelSarwar @FaridTDF @OmarBD @MiaMaria @LucioV @OSAMA @Kamalhasnainee

I ❤️ Bangladesh | Meet-Ups | Achievements | Instagram | My Website