kmajewski's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

List challenge: share the best outdoor spots in your city

Caption: Screenshot of a Google Maps list titled “Nature Walks in Houston” on a bright blue backgroundCaption: Screenshot of a Google Maps list titled “Nature Walks in Houston” on a bright blue background

March 9, 2018: You can now add comments to places on your lists on desktop in addition to Google Maps for Android.

When the clouds clear and the temperatures start heating up, what are your go-to spots to get some sunshine? Tell us in this week’s list challenge: create a list on Google Maps to tell people where to enjoy the outdoors in your city.

You might make a list of relaxing nature paths in your area, or the best beaches for swimming, or your favorite places to have a picnic, or beautiful outdoor gardens. Any great outdoor space is great to include.

Visit this post for step-by-step instructions to create a great list. On Google Maps for Android or desktop, you can add comments for each location to make your list extra-helpful with details like parking information or if dogs are allowed (here's how).

And with that, we’ve come to our last list challenge! In the past weeks, you’ve helped show others where to find great restaurants, shopping spots, museums, concert halls, theaters, gyms, and wheelchair-accessible places. Keep tagging your public lists with #LocalGuides in the description and link to them below — we’ll still be sharing our favorites on our Google+, Facebook, and Twitter pages!

Caption: A photo by Local Guide K O'Neill of a crowded beach in Australia at sunset with people lounging in the sand and swimming in the waterCaption: A photo by Local Guide K O'Neill of a crowded beach in Australia at sunset with people lounging in the sand and swimming in the water

16 comments
Level 10

Re: List challenge: share the best outdoor spots in your city

Lovely idea! Here is my actual Outdoor Spot List in Rome! Mainly is for footing, rollerskating and climbing 🙂

https://goo.gl/maps/FaLU8VSvceq

Hope you like it!

Level 7

Thank you @kmajewski for sharing all the lists use cases with us. Its obvious that they are of greater importance. Activating challenge mode.

Level 10

@kmajewski Thank You, better idea..

Follow me here.....
Level 9

Thanks, that's great!

I ❤️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
Level 7

Here is my list in Milwaukee! https://goo.gl/maps/KaetYDg2PHn

Level 10

回應: List challenge: share the best outdoor spots in your city

@kmajewski

the best outdoor spots are belong to drfferent kinds of people, some like beach, some love city, and some like mountain

HsinTheView the outdoor attraion in Hsinchu, Taiwan

Local Guides from Taiwan.

My LGs profile➤https://www.google.com.tw/maps/contrib/101643820823137654634/◀

Level 8

@LucioV  outstanding list 🏆  my very special place is Villa Borghese.  I used to Roller Skate there way back when...

Connect Moderator

@kmajewski Thanks for another list sharing thread!! I am starting one ...

Happy Guiding !!!

Level 10

@VBenedict wrote:

@LucioV  outstanding list 🏆  my very special place is Villa Borghese.  I used to Roller Skate there way back when...

Wow! One of my favourite places for skating! 🙂