kmajewski's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

List challenge: Where do you go to dance and listen to music in your city?

Caption: A packed crowd watches an electronic music concert with laser lights and smoke machines at concert venue Terminal 5 in New York City by Dimitrios SpyropoulosCaption: A packed crowd watches an electronic music concert with laser lights and smoke machines at concert venue Terminal 5 in New York City by Dimitrios Spyropoulos

Do you love to go out dancing? Enjoy tapping your toes to live music? Want to help other people find the best places for both in your city? Make a list of your favorite clubs and venues on Google Maps.

Lists are a great way to share all of your local knowledge on a topic in one place. For this week’s list challenge, create one that tells people the best places to dance or listen to music in your city.

Don’t forget to give your list a fun title, a clear description, and, if you have an Android phone, comments on each location (here's how). Add #LocalGuides in the description of your list and leave the link below so we can find it, and make sure to follow us on Google+, Facebook, and Twitter.

Want some inspiration? Here are some great examples of list titles:

Where to Salsa Dance in Buenos Aires

Best Clubs in Amsterdam for House Music

Great Spots to Listen to Live Music in Jakarta

Can’t-Miss Jazz Clubs in Chicago

Tokyo’s Best Concert Halls

Need help? Visit our last list challenge post for step-by-step instructions.

17 comments
Level 10

Re: List challenge: Where do you go to dance and listen to music in your city?

Thanks a lot for open a interesting topic @kmajewski 

Normally i Like folk , sufi and classic so when arrange this type event in Bangladesh try to join . Most famous  this type Concert in there " International Folk Fest " and " Bengal Music Fest "  and many more festival based event  

List is there : List

IMG_20170113_165959.jpg

IMG_20160206_174556.jpg

IMG_5603.JPG

23331353_1489632444457191_1465080273759274264_o.jpg

23319421_1693553570719046_4159498027059253985_n.jpg

Mahabub Hasan
Level 10

Wow! I have listed some of the dancing places in Kathmandu. Here comes the list link:

https://goo.gl/maps/ZneDM3hmhLE2

Level 8

looks great in your city,

@kmajewski just a joke in the morning, would you please take me around in your city? 😄

Level 8

I like to listen to music with friends at night at the cafe near the workplace.

Saya suka mendengarkan musik sama teman-teman malam hari di cafe dekat tempat kerja. 

Di sini https://maps.google.com/?cid=14317092801716464289&hl=in&gl=id

@Somirin@

@kmajewski

@BishowvijayaP

@MahabubMunna

Level 8

I also do at home, coffee, music, while playing the guitar,

@SriSedono_id dari Bandung? Salam kenal,

Level 8

Very interesting challenge but i last went to the club way back in 2007.... That club was even replaced with a shopping mall! Will be looking out to your lists though, and thanks for sharing

Level 1

@MahabubMunna wrote:

Thanks a lot for open a interesting topic @kmajewski 

Normally i Like folk , sufi and classic so when arrange this type event in Bangladesh try to join . Most famous  this type Concert in there " International Folk Fest " and " Bengal Music Fest "  and many more festival based event  

List is there : List

IMG_20170113_165959.jpg

IMG_20160206_174556.jpg

IMG_5603.JPG

23331353_1489632444457191_1465080273759274264_o.jpg

23319421_1693553570719046_4159498027059253985_n.jpg

Level 9

Prepared a list for IT Hub of India Bangalore @kmajewski.

#LocalGuides

Please let me know about your precious comments. Tap below

My Favourite Dance Places in Bangalore

Level 9

Svar: List challenge: Where do you go to dance and listen to music in your city?

My town is rather small so I did expand my list to cover some of the places in the whole area of Dalecarlia (Somewhat like a countym but not quite).
Some miles north of my hometown there is a rather special arena that is located in an old quarry in the middle of nowhere. In the past few years artists like Toto, Sting, Kraftwerk and Robert Plant have played here and this summer Björk, Deep Purple, Nick Cave and A-ha will be on stage amongst others.
Peace and Love festival was the first festival in Sweden to ever reach 50,000 visitors. In 2012 they set out to be the first and they succeeded the same year. This effort was also very costly and the year after the festival filed for bankruptcy. In 2014 the festival started over, now under the management of other people and the festival has started to grow again.

The list for the moment: List of music and dance in Dalarna

Robert Plant @ Dalhalla 2014-06-14Robert Plant @ Dalhalla 2014-06-14

Skrillex @ Peace and Love festival 2012-06-30Skrillex @ Peace and Love festival 2012-06-30

Andréas S. Eriksson