bobcar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Linked Photo Spheres in Street View App not working right in Google Maps

I've been experimenting with linking multiple photo spheres (15) in the Google iOS Street View App and it all works great in the App. When I head over to Google Maps, the arrows are in different places sometimes or not even there at all, and the links go to the wrong photo sphere other times. I know Google is in the process of adding and updating functionality as the legacy constellation tools and such are phased out so I'm wondering if others are having the same problem and if they've heard anything from Google on these issues.

15 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 7
Solution

Re: Linked Photo Spheres in Street View App not working right in Google Maps

Hello Friends... I posted this on the Google Maps Forum as well and one of the experts has suggested I try removing the links and relinking only a couple of spheres at a time to let the links stabilize before linking everything together. I've also completed a feedback submission via the Street View App to see if someone from Google will respond and I'll keep you posted as I try different things to get this figured out.

View solution in original post

Level 10

Yes, i'm having the same problems. It's a little tricky to obtain a correct alignment between panos.

Level 2

I am having the same exact problem!

Level 2

Does anyone out there know how to fix this issue?

Level 7
Solution

Hello Friends... I posted this on the Google Maps Forum as well and one of the experts has suggested I try removing the links and relinking only a couple of spheres at a time to let the links stabilize before linking everything together. I've also completed a feedback submission via the Street View App to see if someone from Google will respond and I'll keep you posted as I try different things to get this figured out.

Level 2

Okay great! Absolutely excited to here there feedback. The re linking option sure would be a bummer if that is the only solution Google has. 

I am having trouble with everything outside of the Street View App. Inside the app, it's great.

Trouble in Google Maps (PC and Mobile)... 

Level 10

The cameras gyroscope has a lot to do with it. Also...intended trajectory. 

Once you point it...you better be able to WAG the trajectory if there is any offset in degrees to the azimuth. According to my analysis...there is a lot of software compensation for what the intended trajectory is.

a straight line.

no bends.

90% turns work best.

my experience comes from mobile exclusively. I don't use computers you can't carry in one hand.

Imthemobile.guru
Level 2

Hello,

how can i delete links between photospheres?

I have IOS or photos.google.com.

Tnx in advance,

peddy

Level 7

To delete a link in the iOS Street View app, you click on an existing arrow (link) and keep pushing on it until the options for linking open, you'll notice that there's a little garbage can icon at the top right in the blue bar above the photo spheres. By clicking the garbage, it removes an existing link.

Level 10

@AndreasP wrote:

Hello,

how can i delete links between photospheres?

I have IOS or photos.google.com.

Tnx in advance,

peddy

Tap and hold a link, you can then move to link another sphere or trash it in the upper right

Imthemobile.guru