Tosan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Life on the road

Traveling for holiday is always fun. I always look forward to visiting new places during my vacations. Travelling stops being fun when the your job demands that you pack your bags and move, no matter how prepared I am for a trip there is always the anxiety and the nervous feeling that comes with anticipation and preparation. There are times when I have woken up in an hotel room disoriented and wondering where I am. I have to adapt to unfamiliar environments and there is a culture shock most times that leaves me wondering "that's not how we do things back home", the people and food are different from what I'm are used to. There is the Jet Lag that messes up my sleep-wake cycle especially when I've crossed time zones. Top of the list is the feeling of loneliness especially when I'm traveling alone and my usual emotional support system of family, friends and co-workers are left behind. 

I have been able to deal with most of these issues, most especially the loneliness, by being an LG has given me an escape out of the downsides of travelling. I use the timeline feature on Google maps to keep track of where I am, I take a lot of pictures and write reviews, all these to help me remember the experience and also help other researching that location. The most important part of being an LG is that I have loads of people I share common interests with. I have tried reaching out to LGs, wasn't able to meet @braveheartajek in Sierra Leone, couldn't meet anyone in Congo as well, but in Cameroon I was able to connect with @nkwetche who gave me my first lessons on 360 photography and @Seriemino and it was like meeting old friends.My time in Cameroon stopped being a series of doldrums. I want to say thanks to @nkwetche and @Serieminou looking forward to meet you guys again.

with @nkwetche and @Serieminouwith @nkwetche and @Serieminou@nkwetche@nkwetche  

Tosan Clarke
Douala, Cameroon
19 comments
Level 8

Re: Life on the road

I like this life 

i’m a Local guide francophone, ravi de te lire 

#teamDRC
Make the world accessible anywhere
??
Level 8

@Gloire_Congo I love being a local guide too, it has really opened my eyes to opportunities.

Tosan Clarke
Level 8

@Tosan Je parle un peu beaucoup le français si vous pouvez me comprendre.

Comment être un LG te fais des opportunités ?

#teamDRC
??
Level 8

@Gloire_Congo vous êtes déjà un guide local comme vous êtes ici, la prochaine chose à faire est de rencontrer d’autres guides locaux dans votre ville. Où habites-tu?

Tosan Clarke
Level 8

Je suis de la République démocratique du Congo

je suis un guide locale de la ville de Bukavu et je suis seule dans ma ville, j’si un lourd travail que je fais ici, j’essai de faire mon mieux pour que ma ville soit aussi mappings

#teamDRC
??
Level 8

Je viens de chercher votre ville et cela semble être un endroit intéressant à visiter.